Chipset Architect - Camera Hardware
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Dec 13, 2019
Role Number: 200133070
Why Apple? We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that sets the standard in developing excellence, creativity and innovation. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products? The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for the design, development, and innovation of camera hardware for all related Apple products. Our target is to deliver superior camera hardware to enable best-in-class camera user experience. We are looking for an enthusiastic, high energy individual who can help us with tomorrow's challenges.
- Multiple chip or electrical system lead experience.
- Understanding all components of system including algorithm, FW, SW, ME, optical, EE, interacting between components as well as chipsets.
- Understanding optimal partitioning of all components in camera system including ICs and non-ICs.
- Ability to negotiate trade-offs among cross functional teams.
- Broad range of engineering knowledge and/or expertise.
- Sharp problem-solving skills and critical thinking.
- Past experience of independence in designing complex systems.
- Strong commitment to going above and beyond to get work done at the highest quality.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with design of experiments, and analysis of results, to root-cause challenging electrical problems.
Working with cross-functional teams including mechanical, optical, firmware, product/test and camera systems engineers to define performance specifications, optimal HW/SW/FW system partitioning and interfacing. Starting with initial concept, complete chipset architecture through in-depth technical analysis and close collaboration with cross functional teams Complete safety compliance analysis and incorporate results in chipset requirements Supporting camera HW chipset (developed and under development) across multiple systems and modules from initial bring up to MP release Mentoring and guiding design/application engineers
Education & Experience
Preferred MS, or Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Some travel may be required