Battery Management Systems Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Apr 15, 2020
Role Number: 200130457
We are seeking a manager for the Battery Management System (BMS) team. The candidate will be responsible for the management of a team and the overall technical leadership of a BMS. They will be responsible for the BMS from the beginning of the project through production and into the field - coming up with the strategy for the BMS, guiding the team through this strategy and executing the BMS through verification and field support. They are the "module owner" - responsible for overall delivery including architecture, component selection, board design and fab, controls, SW, verification and validation, through production and into the field.
- Electrical Engineering background
- Experience designing or working with both high and low voltage is nice to have
- 5+ years experience in Battery management systems
- 5+ years experience in Functional management, including recruiting and hiring
- 5+ years experience in Technical leadership
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills and ability to use statistical tools and techniques to support proposed solutions
- Experience working in a team environment and being self-motivated to close design issues
- Ability to articulate design issues and path to resolution both verbally and with documentation
- Must primarily possess knowledge in EE, battery technology (chemistry, cell construction, and cell / pack models) and controls
- Should have a good understanding of thermals, mechanical and packaging challenges
- Experience working with domestic and overseas manufacturers preferred
- Flexibility and comfort working in a quickly changing environment
BMS Module Owner - Overall delivery including hardware, SW, and controls.
Functional and Technical management of an existing team and growing the team of Electrical Engineers
BMS timelines and resourcing (working with a program manager)
BMS functional definition (working with controls and SW teams)
BMS requirements / specification
BMS PCB design, layout, bring-up, verification
BMS component selection and associated vendor management
BMS system verification and validation
BMS hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) tester
BMS end-of-line (EOL) tester (working with a test engineering team)
Interfacing with EE, PD and functional integration and system engineering teams to ensure the BMS works within the overall system.
Education & Experience
At least Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering preferred.