Display Processing Pipeline Architecture Validation - Platform Architecture
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Apr 22, 2020
Role Number: 200103022
Do you love working on state-of-the-art technologies? Are you a forward-thinking and love solving technological and architectural challenges? At Apple, our Platform Architecture team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that cultivates engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation. In this highly visible role, you will work with display and SOC architects, and display technology teams to validate display pipeline architectures across all key display products.
- 5+ years of semiconductor industry experience
- Excellent knowledge of digital signal processing and its applications to image processing.
- Strong SW engineering and programming skills in C++ and scripting languages, such as Lua and Python
- Experience with automating workflows
- Experience with either software testing or hardware design verification
- Excellent understanding of image quality metrics, and experience performing objective and subjective image quality analysis
As a member of the Display Platform Architecture team, you will be responsible for the functional and front-of-screen validation display architectures. You will need to understand image processing algorithms used in Apple's Display pipelines and develop testing strategies to validate image quality and performance. You will develop test plans, test suites, and image quality validation tools and workflows. You will use C/C++ bit-accurate models to validate specifications. You will develop procedures to automate validation and testing.
Education & Experience
MS or Ph.D. in signal processing/image processing preferred