Software Engineer, Apple Watch
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Dec 20, 2018
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200022671
Join the team that is revolutionizing the watch! As a software engineer on the Apple Watch team, you will be responsible for building extraordinary applications and frameworks on a brand new platform. You'll work closely with the UI design and QA teams to develop interactions of superior quality that will ship to millions of users.
- You have excellent Cocoa and Objective-C coding ability
- You have experience with C/C++
- Consistent record of completing projects on-time and to specification
- You have experience optimizing applications and profiling throughout the stack
- Experience contributing to at least one application or framework
- Systems knowledge, hands-on experience with inter-process communication
- You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
- You have excellent communication and collaborative skills
- Fantastic attention to detail
As a member of the team you will have many responsibilities relating to the design, development, and testing of the device software. These include:
We collaborate closely with the design team to open up the boundaries on human- computer interactions.
We craft solutions tailored to the constraints of the software and the hardware of a small, low power device.
We work closely with the iOS Apps, iOS Frameworks and Hardware teams to craft robust and maintainable systems that will stand the test of time.
We coordinate with the quality assurance teams to ensure full test coverage as well as to initiate focused testing on critical components.
Education & Experience
BS CE/CS or equivalent experience required.