CPU RTL Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Apr 13, 2020
Role Number: 200020701
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver groundbreaking Apple products. Apple's Silicon Engineering Group (SEG) is hiring talented engineers for CPU architecture and microarchitecture development targeted for low power mobile devices.
- You should possess a BS or MS in Computer or Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of CPU RTL experience.
- You should have Thorough knowledge of microprocessor architecture including expertise in one or more of the following areas: instruction fetch and decode, branch prediction, instruction scheduling and register renaming, out-of-order execution, integer and floating point execution, load/store execution, cache and memory subsystems.
- Knowledge of Verilog and/or VHDL. Experience with simulators and waveform debugging tools.
- Knowledge of logic design principles along with timing and power implications.
- Understanding of low power microarchitecture techniques.
- Understanding of high performance techniques and trade-offs in a CPU microarchitecture.
- Experience in C or C++ programming.
- Experience using an interpretive language such as Perl or Python.
As an RTL engineer you will own or participate in the following. - Microarchitecture development and specification. From early high-level architectural exploration, through micro architectural research and arriving at a detailed specification. - RTL ownership. Development, assessment and refinement of RTL design to target power, performance, area and timing goals. - Validation. Support test bench development and simulation for functional and performance verification. - Performance exploration and correlation. Explore high performance strategies and validate that the RTL design meets targeted performance. - Design delivery. Work with multi-functional engineering team to implement and validate physical design on the aspects of timing, area, reliability, testability and power
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer or Electrical Engineering is required.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants