Software / Firmware Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Nov 14, 2018
Role Number: 200008858
Work as part of a team developing hardware and software tools to support validation and prototyping of analog and power ICs that will drive the next generation of technology for Apple's mobile products.
- Minimum 3 years relevant industry experience, or new college graduates with exceptional lab / project experience.
- Solid fundamental CS / EE skill set with hands-on industry or university experience in embedded software development and embedded system design.
- Software skills in C/C++ and Python/Perl or other scripting languages. Ability to automate build and test systems.
- Knowledge of micro-controller architectures, GPIO/I2C/SPI and peripheral interfacing, switching and linear power-supplies.
- Strong HW / SW bringup and debugging skills. Capable of working independently in a hardware lab with oscilloscopes, signal generators, power supplies and other test equipment.
- Experience with Verilog and FPGA development tools are a plus.
The ideal candidate is an embedded systems engineer who enjoys working hands-on with hardware in a lab environment and has a passion for learning about and working with analog and power supply circuit designs. In this role, the candidate will work in a mixed team of HW and SW engineers to design evaluation platforms, prototypes, and automation tools that will enable rapid bringup and debug of new silicon designs.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in EE or CS