Client & Data Test Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Nov 6, 2018
Role Number: 200008308
The Apple Media Products Analytics QA team is responsible for the Quality and integrity of the data collected and reported on customer experience data. Responsibilities include: writing test descriptions, performing functional and regression tests, writing test case automation while working closely with other teams. We are seeking iOS/Mobile-Data Test Engineers to contribute to the product level validation as well as the backend validation on the latest iOS, tvOS, watchOS, iTunes supported platforms .
- Comfortable and adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and creative thinking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Strong commitment to technical quality assurance as a key part of the software development cycle. Willingness to work cross-functionally.
- Results-oriented, persistent, and meticulous.
- Experience with Spark, Hadoop, Kafka or other distributed systems is a plus.
- Experience in developing and verifying Spark/Map Reduce jobs is a plus.
- Familiarity with Objective-C or Swift is a plus.
- Knowledge in SQL, CSS, HTML, JSON a plus.
Day to day work involves bug reporting and isolation, test plan documentation, writing test case automation and working closely with other teams (engineering, project management, etc.). This position demands a self-motivated individual with strong technical and communication skills who can contribute in a team environment. Possess exceptional analytical skills in test case design and bug diagnosis. Be dynamic and prepared to test/regress a high volume of changes on a day-to-day basis. Demonstrate excellent bug reporting skills and the ability to communicate clearly with third parties. Candidate should possess the ability and/or interest to implement automated tests.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience