CSM Digital Design Lead
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Nov 1, 2018
Role Number: 200006710
Are you a leader? Do you want to utilize your engineering background to make big things happen? Can you influence, connect, get results and communicate effectively? Can you deliver on a predictable and dynamic schedule? We have an extraordinary opportunity for senior level engineers to drive and lead technical engagements between Apple and silicon and IP suppliers working on groundbreaking technologies. The Custom Silicon Management Group provides critical custom silicon for all mobile products including iPhone, iPad, iPod, and AppleTV. We are looking for a remarkable Digital Design Lead to work with multi-functional teams and external vendors to define, develop and productize the next generation of custom silicon solutions.
- We are looking for applicants with 10+ years of digital design experience in complex multi-million gate architectures and deep sub-micron technologies.
- Experience with multiple tape-outs with a majority of the tape-outs reaching MP with first silicon.
- 3+ years of experience in managing digital design teams.
- Drive and improve digital design methodology to achieve high quality first silicon.
- Hands on experience with FPGA emulation, silicon bring-up, characterization and debug.
- Experience with mixed signal design is highly desired.
- Able to work with multi-functional teams within Apple and external vendors across geographical boundaries to resolve architectural and implementation challenges with an eye towards schedule.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
You will be responsible for assisting in architecture, implementation, verification, emulation and validation of custom silicon, including: - Trade off specific issues against system limitations. - Help improve engineering requirement specification documents for custom silicon. - Work with internal teams to assure that documents meets needs. - Work with external vendors in developing micro-architecture, verification and emulation of custom silicon. - Drive vendor's methodology to meet Apple standards. - Target to achieve bug free first silicon to meet bold product schedules.
Education & Experience
BSEE / MSEE is required.
- Some travel required.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.