CSM Analog Design Lead
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Nov 1, 2018
Role Number: 200006712
Are you a leader? Do you want to utilize your engineering background to make big things happen? Can you influence, connect, get results and communicate effectively? Can you deliver on a predictable and dynamic schedule? We have an extraordinary opportunity for senior level engineers to drive and lead technical engagements between Apple and silicon and IP suppliers working on groundbreaking technologies. The Custom Silicon Management Group provides critical custom silicon for all mobile products including iPhone, iPad, iPod, and AppleTV. We are looking for a remarkable Analog Design Lead to work with multi-functional teams and external vendors to define, develop and productize the next generation of custom silicon solutions.
- We are looking for applicants with 10+ years of experience leading analog and mixed-signal silicon for complex system designs:
- Solid understand of analog & digital design fundamentals, design tools and methodologies.
- Demonstrated industry-leading design expertise required.
- Experience taking projects from the concept phase, through chip architecture, writing electrical specifications, process technology selection, die size estimation, running schedules, IC design, layout supervision, layout extraction and verification, DRCs, LVS, LVL, mask and wafer fabrication monitoring, ATE lab correlation, corner lot characterization analysis, hands-on lab evaluation, release to production, yield improvement, and failure analysis support.
- System applications include multi-phase buck and boost converters, LDOs, battery chargers, LED backlight controllers, temperature sensors, video and audio encode/decode, DACs and ADCs, digital audio amplifiers.
- Design knowledge of board level considerations, including component selection, PCB layout, packaging technologies and thermal analysis.
- Design knowledge of IC process technologies, reliability design rules, ESD and latch-up testing.
- Knowledge about industrial standards and practices in appropriate technologies.
- Work experience with high-volume manufacturing strongly preferred.
- Design management experience preferred.
As a part of the team who delivers high-quality, on-time silicon, you will have responsibilities spanning all aspects of silicon design: Working with the Systems and Platform teams to establish silicon requirements. Leading efforts to develop, integrate, characterize, and test devices including power regulators, video converters, chargers, backlight drivers, boost, audio, sensors, buffer/level shifters and the associated control circuits. Delivering first revision functional silicon and production worthy silicon per system requirements on schedule. Working with vendors to ensure state-of-the-art design practices, methodologies and processes are in place and producing quality results and be responsible for the development of new process technologies and next-generation architectures and circuit designs. Ensuring designs are properly verified, validated, and tested for long-term reliability. Managing schedules and supporting multi-functional engineering efforts.
Education & Experience
BSEE / MSEE is required.
- Some Travel Required.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.