Electrical Validation Engineer - Camera Hardware
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Oct 30, 2018
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200005738
Why Apple? We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for the design, development, and innovation of camera hardware for all related Apple products. Our target is to deliver extraordinary hardware to enable exclusive camera user experience. We are looking for an enthusiastic, high energy individual who can help us with tomorrow's challenges.
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Good EE fundamentals and excellent critical thinking skills
- Hands on for Python to automate instruments and data collection/analysis
- With high speed interface (e.g MIPI, LVDS, CxP) and power supply (Linear & switching ) validation/characterization experience
- Experience using all types of electrical test equipments
- Capable of leading different projects in parallel
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Major responsibilities: Join in early stage new technology and board/sub-system bring up Collaborate with design engineer to define validation plan and create test cases Board level electrical validation and performance characterization Conduct data analysis and document results Assist design engineer for problem solving and design optimization
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Electrical Engineering or industrial experience equivalent
- Knowledge of CMOS image sensor and camera module
- Experience for FPGA integration and bring up
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you are applying for a position in San Francisco.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more.
- Apple's committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more.
- Apple is a drug-free workplace. Learn more.