Cambridge Field House, Cambridge
Schedule: Friday or Saturday, 7am-7p or 7pm-7am, Additional hours available
Salary: $50,000- with pre-approval from the Field House Director, the Team Leader will be paid for additional hours of work. Bilingual Spanish or Haitian Creole speakers preferred.
- Supervise the Shelter Specialists, providing on site work assignments, direction, communication with Cambridge Police, first responders, and Directors of the Quarantine and Isolation Unit staff as required by CPD Deputy Superintendent who oversees safety and security of all services at the Cambridge War Memorial operations and serves as Central Command Director.
- Oversees all operations of the Field House (outdoor intake, outdoor contiguous park, indoor dorm, eating and milieu areas, storage, and bathrooms.
- Ensures all workflows optimize responsive supports to guests and that policies and procedures for safety, infection control, cleaning, meals, trash disposal, supply inventory and PPE are followed.
- Provides direct supports to guests and ensures that communications and services are predicated on harm reduction and trauma informed care principles.
- Works in the service of supporting residents through personal and interpersonal difficulties so that are able to participate in Field House supports rather than be discharged or barred from services.
- At the same time, the TL must consistently abide by expectations for zero violence and substance use, particularly that impacts safety for the greater community.
- The TL will defer to CPD officers with regard to addressing sensitive community and neighbor issues.
- Education - High School Diploma or GED Experience
- Knowledge of modality specific issues, such as substance abuse or homelessness
- Some experience leading a team or group
- Keywords: Homelessness, Substance Abuse, Group, Addictions, Recovery, Mental Health, Counselor, Therapy, Care Coordination, Clinician, Supervision, Social Work, Psychology, Emergency Shelter Driving License Required? No Bilingual Spanish or Haitian Creole Preferred
- Driving License Required? No
- Excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement/remission, paid vacation & holidays, sick time pay, and employee referral bonuses.