Are You the One?
Our clients depend on your expertise to help them to optimize their business. If you are a Strategic Facilities Manager with MEP and GMP experience, with the ability to develop innovative technical solutions while successfully managing key performance indicators to drive strong business results, this may be the opportunity for you!
Sodexo is seeking a Facilities Engineering Operations Manager to work out of one of our client sites in Andover, Massachusetts. This position will take on the role of a Plant Maintenance Manager for Electical Systems. The ideal candidate for this position will be open to working a shift that may include _occasional _weekends.
The ideal candidate:
- It is imperative the candidate possess leadership, and both technical and financial acumen. Working knowledge in Electrical systems and of overall building infrastructure is imperative.
- Stron knowledge of GMP and MEP experience is a must
- Must have an in depth knowledge of all electrical safety systems, including but not limited to LOTO, NFPA 70E, qualified electrical worker
- The Operation Manager will manage facilities electrical maintenance operations such as preventative maintenance, proactive repair, and reactive maintenance issues as they occur using skilled trades.
- He/she manages the hiring, training and supervision of electricial and other trades staff..
- The Operations Manager will also assist the Director managing the budgets and in creating a safe and efficient working environment, essential to the performance of the business.
- He/she is required to know the site and conduct safety walks and quality checks on completed work. Being present, engaged, and showing leadership by walking around and observing daily work is paramount.
- A proven track record of successful Facilities Management leadership experience as demonstrated by articulated results and accomplishments;
- Demonstrated business and financial acumen with a strong P&L understanding;
- Exceptional customer service, relationship building and communication skills;
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering or related fields is preferred.
- Strong understanding of industrial electrical distributions systems from Street power to building is a plus
- Must be computer literate and versed in Microsoft Office suite and possess CMMS experience.
- Must have experience in cGMP or ISO 9001 working environments.
- A state issued electrical license is a plus.
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Health Care and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Facilities Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Make an Immediate Impact.
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 150,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 13,000 client sites in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
Our client portfolio spans multiple markets across the nation including education, corporate services, health care and government services, which means we can offer a career full of variety, challenge and tremendous growth opportunities.
Back up to GM; 2nd in command;
Supervises the account as the #2 manager and has full responsibility including supervision of other managers. Responsible for entire account when the Director of Facilities Ops is not present.
Two scenarios for this position in Univ.:
A) Has all facilities rolling up – Custodial / maintenance and grounds, and FM who reports to GM; very large integrated operation.
B) Mega account – multiple managers of maintenance; PM function; other specific managers – unifying position.
- Manage other managers; manage by walking around (rounding); Staffs, trains, and is responsible for employee development
- client interface;
- payroll oversight;
- budgetary oversight on some services;
- Oversees and coordinates projects
- Manages work orders/CMMS
- Manages mechanicals (i.e. HVAC)
- Manages QA and Safety