Develop and execute strategies, solution roadmaps and plans that deliver winning solutions and accelerated sales and profit growth in the global industry. This position is focused on the CPG & Life Sciences Industries.
- Partner closely with a wide range of stakeholders, including Industry, Sales and, Business Leaders, as well Global and Regional Marketers, to gain market and customer insights, develop strategies to exploit opportunities and address competitive threats, and clearly communicate, prioritize and close gaps in our offering and value proposition to the relevant industries.
- Be the expert in the industry, providing deep insight into macroeconomic factors, key customers drivers, competitive landscape, risk factors, technologies, etc. Partner with key stakeholders to leverage a range of qualitative (observational research, customer interviews, sales feedback, etc.) and quantitative (analytics, market research, surveys, etc.) methods to deeply understand, articulate and prioritize the needs and opportunities of the industry and strategic customers.
- Effectively synthesize fact-based insights to clearly identify and prioritize industry strategies (short- and long-term) to maximize market penetration and profitability. This will include developing sustainable, compelling and unique value proposition for the industry.
- Lead the annual Business Strategy Review (BSR) process for the industry, partnering closely with Industry sales teams and businesses to ensure alignment in strategy and execution. Document the industry strategy in a compelling manner and lay out a multi-year growth and profitability roadmap. Communicate this strategy clearly and succinctly to executive and senior leadership and key stakeholders to build their understanding of the CPG and Life Sciences strategy and gain the necessary support to execute it.
- Ensure only the critical few high-value innovation projects are worked on to fully deliver on the value proposition for the industry. As appropriate, bring products and projects together into a program and solution that presents a coherent, compelling, and highly differentiated value proposition to the customer and ensures a sustainable competitive advantage for Rockwell Automation.
- Partner with the Industry Sales teams, Regional Marketing and Marketing Communications to develop and implement a comprehensive communication and promotion plan which elevates Rockwell Automation visibility within the CPG and Life Sciences ecosystem and communicates our value proposition in a compelling way, with the ultimate goal of building the premier brand in the industry. This includes highly effective marketing collateral, campaigns and tools, and participation in industry-oriented professional organizations, trade press, shows, and conferences.
- Develop and execute plans with Portfolio Marketing Director to grow share with major product launches within Industry. Includes developing Industry Customer launch strategy and coordinating Industry Marketing approach across all regions. Also, partner to optimize the product portfolio to develop competitive global and regional product lines, taking into account regional customer, competitive, pricing, supply chain, and regulatory dynamics.
- Drive strong execution of the strategy to deliver on key milestones and sales targets, including aligning the necessary functional and regional resources, and developing a robust project plan.
- Develop robust KPIs to track and report success of the industry marketing plan.
- With direct and indirect teams, build a culture of strong engagement, accountability and high performance.
- Bachelor's degree. MBA strongly preferred.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Extensive experience in the target industries is required. Early career experience in a top tier management consulting is preferred.
- Minimum of 12 years of strategy and marketing experience as well as a successful track record of leadership and global accountability in a matrix organization.
- Experience leading cross-regional and -functional teams to develop and execute winning strategies & solutions. Proven results managing across global matrix organizations & among peers.
- Demonstrated ability to build effective, cohesive and collaborative teams. Outstanding coach, mentor and developer of high performing teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills.
Global Sales & Marketing
Sales, Services, and Solutions
No. of Positions:
Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK), is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rockwell Automation employs approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated to our customers in more than 100 countries. To learn more about how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across industrial enterprises, visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).