The Obstetrician Gynecologist with Luminis Health will first and foremost provide exemplary clinical care to the women that seek such care within our health system. This will include, but will not be limited to the provision of gynecologic surgical, consultative, ongoing and follow-up care for patients with obstetrical and gynecologic conditions. In addition, Luminis Health Medical Group providers, will participate in the education of residents and medical students as outlined and in accordance with the ACGME requirements. All duties and services will be provided under the rules regulations, and policies established by the approved job description of the State of Maryland, BPQA, HCFA, AMA, and Luminis Health.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provides clinical, and gynecologic surgical services to patients with obstetrical and gynecologic conditions.
- Maintains timely and accurate documentation related to clinical care.
- Provides patient education and counsel appropriate to the medical needs of the patient.
- Takes call for their practice on scheduled days and refers patients to appropriate specialists as necessary.
- Develops and reinforces positive working relationships with providers of other disciplines, nursing and support staff of Luminis Health
- Demonstrates exemplary professionalism, interpersonal communication, patient safety and continuous improvement in practice
- Demonstrates dedication to professional development through continuous medical education, maintenance of certification activities
- Participation and attendance at Departmental Grand Rounds, as well as morbidity and mortality conferences.
- Participates in medical student and resident education
- Adheres to medical staff by-laws and Women's and Children's Service Rules
Degree in medicine from an accredited medical school
Board certification or eligible in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Licensed to practice in the State of Maryland, DEA, and CDS
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands -
Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.