The Senior Product Compliance Engineer defines supports program development and leads global projects to help the company establish and maintain compliance with new or changed product environmental standards, certifications, and regulations including those required for management of hazardous substances in products, energy efficiency of products, and end-of-life responsibilities.
The Senior Engineer is responsible for maintaining knowledge on applicable product standards, certifications, and regulations which can include those required for electrical safety, management of hazardous substances in products, EMC performance, energy efficiency of products, and end-of-life responsibilities.
This role is also responsible for working with New Product Introduction processes - both as the lead Compliance Engineer as well as a Subject Matter Expert to support other team members - to ensure that new Rockwell Automation products meet relevant product regulations and certification requirements.
- Ensures completion of product development compliance deliverables for products of critical importance to the organization. This includes compliance assessment, design review, certification and test plan creation, documentation, and process implementation for new product development introductions.
- Leads enterprise wide cross-functional projects of medium- to large-scale to enact programs and processes to ensure compliance to new or changed product environmental regulations and safety certification requirements.
- Identifies and works with internal and external groups, including the Global Product Standards & Regulations organization within Rockwell Automation to analyze and communicate regulatory trends and positions and shares information with impacted business groups.
- Works with Strategic Sourcing and Rockwell Automation suppliers to ensure that the supply chain is positioned and responsive to support RA compliance programs.
- Supports internal and external customers by addressing requirements for product compliance information, including communication strategies.
- May serve as a product compliance interface with domestic and third-party certification agencies (UL, CSA, FM, TUV, etc.)
- Leads strategy development, business process development, and critical issue closure across technical disciplines for local organizational functions
- Leads and participates in project teams consisting of cross-functional personnel to address product design issues and new regulatory requirements related to environmental regulations and safety certifications.
- May represent Rockwell Automation in external organizations including standards development committees and cross-company teams.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Willing to travel up to 10% (including international) for promotion and implementation of various initiatives and programs.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- 8+ years' experience in Manufacturing/Development Engineering Organization, preferably in an electronics manufacturing organization.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively through all levels in the organization. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are required in addition to presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to frame and manage effectively, and with high quality, a large quantity of ambiguous or complex work.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required.
- Experience in project management techniques and processes. LSS and/or PMP certification is a plus.
- Previous experience with product stewardship, environmental regulations, product standards, certifications, conformance agencies, or quality/continuous improvement is strongly preferred.
- Experience in new product development, including utilizing the Rockwell Automation Common Product Development (CPD) Process as well as knowledge of SAP, is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to influence stakeholders and drive change management projects is preferred.
- Further education in engineering, business administration, operations or project management is a plus.
- Familiarity with Rockwell Automation products is a plus.
Operations & Engineering Services
Software and Engineering
Yes - Domestic
No. of Positions:
Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK), is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rockwell Automation employs approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated to our customers in more than 100 countries. To learn more about how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across industrial enterprises, visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).