DSP Algorithm Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Sep 20, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200104197
The IMG Audio group is seeking a highly motivated Speech & Audio DSP Engineer to design algorithms and perform quality evaluations for headsets and headphones. The Interactive Media Group (IMG) is at the center of Apple's innovative products, including the Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV, macOS, iOS, watchOS and tvOS. IMG's Core Audio team provides audio foundation for various high profile features like Siri, phone calls, Face Time, media capture, playback, and API's for third party developers to enrich our platforms. The team is looking for hardworking engineers who are passionate about building audio software products for millions of customers and care about overall user experience. You will be revolutionizing the user context understanding through audio and chipping in to future audio technologies.
- 3-5 years of work experience
- We're looking for experience in developing innovative DSP algorithms for speech and audio processing, microphones, speakers, and adaptive filtering.
- Acoustic noise cancellation and adaptive feedback cancellation experience is a plus.
- Good understanding of LMS convergence, stability, feed-forward and feed-back solutions, and related acoustic principles is also required.
- Experience in DSP algorithm development
- Experience in C/C++
- Experience in Matlab
- Excellent DSP knowledge
- Willingness to learn and help
- Experience in audio/speech quality evaluations is also a plus.
You will work on algorithms to improve audio performance and add new features to our products. You will work closely with Acoustics, HW, EE, and QA teams to develop and evaluate new solutions into our products. Conduct audio/speech/sensors research and development for headphones/headsets. You will Create algorithms in Matlab and C/C++ and conduct audio evaluations and validations for headphones/headsets.
Education & Experience
Masters in Computer Science or Ph.D.