CSM Digital Design Lead
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Jun 2, 2020
Role Number: 200173382
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, phenomenal designs are needed to enable great products and customer experiences. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! In this role, you will play a significant part in assisting the system team in silicon architecture, taking that definition to drive implementation and methodology for custom silicon. The success of the silicon has significant impact on all of our products.
- 10+ years of digital design experience.
- 3+ years of management experience in leading a digital design team.
- Drive and improve digital design methodology to meet high quality first-pass silicon. (Expertise in digital design methodology is required)
- Hands on experience with silicon bring-up, characterization and debug.
- Knowledgeable enough in all aspects of different types of silicon, including mixed-signal silicon.
- Must also have knowledge of the general industry trends and technical challenges.
- Experience in specific domain (MCU, SoC, FPGA) is a plus.
- Willing to appreciate the challenge as the point person to hold high standards in engineering as well as helping to clarify requirements to enable high quality silicon.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Core Responsibilities: Assist in architecture, implementation, verification and emulation of custom silicon. Trade off specific issues against system limitations. Help improve engineering requirements specification documents for custom silicon. Work with internal teams to assure that documents meet needs. Work with external vendors in developing micro-architecture, verification and emulation of custom silicon. Drive vendor's methodology to meet Apple standard. Target to achieve bug free silicon to meet product schedule.
Education & Experience
BS required / MS or PhD preferred
- Some travel may be necessary.