Field Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Jun 3, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200173283
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. Imagine what you could do here! Do you want to impact billions of users by developing an extraordinary product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product? You will become part of a hands-on development team that fosters engineering perfection, creativity and innovation. Dynamic, encouraging people and innovative technologies are the norm here! We are the Apple Field Design Engineering team, and we are seeking a highly motivated engineer who will be evaluating the latest iPad, iPhone and Apple Watch HW systems in the field. This includes very early evaluations of our Prototypes and HW Systems on GNSS, NFC and Cellular technologies. It also includes focused experiments in relationship to RF/OTA performance, Wireless Baseband performance and overall end user experience.
- Solid understanding of at least one of the wireless technologies: GNSS/GPS, NFC, WiFi, LTE, UMTS
- Good knowledge in wireless communications and RF/OTA fundamentals
- Strong log analysis and debugging skills to resolve HW/system issues
- In-depth knowledge of test plan creation and execution
- Must be able to work independently with strong multitasking skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to manage relationships across functional areas
- Strong interpersonal skills tailored to situation and audience
- Proficient in English and local language(s)
- Able to travel locally and internationally
We are looking for someone who will work with the HW/System development teams and other cross functional teams on identifying issues impacting HW/System performance. You will perform deep dive analysis into internal logs to understand and identify root cause of any HW/System issues.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree with 4+ yrs or Master's with 2+ yrs work experience in Electrical Engineering or similar.
- NICE TO HAVE
- - Scripting experience in MATLAB/C++/Python
- - Experience with test instruments such as RF Signal Generators, spectrum analyzer, etc.