This position is a key finance role supporting our Architecture & Software (A&S) business segment as we continue our evolution from a perpetual license model to a subscription/SaaS model. This role will provide finance business decision support to our Software Business Directors. In addition, they will help drive, track and monitor software recurring revenue and key performance indicators, provide support for operational improvements in our software processes, as well as financially manage our third-party software partnership agreements. This role requires someone with prior experience in a software business, strong finance knowledge, ability to work cross functionally, excellent business acumen and leadership skills.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure financial integrity of the financial results of the Software businesses, including proper revenue recognition
- Ensure proper financial controls are in place and functioning, including proper decision authority for approving software pricing discounts
- Partner with Corporate FP&A to ensure efficient processes and reporting are maintained for the following:
- Reporting and analysis of actual results for orders, sales, margins, commercial spend, capital spend, deferred revenue and backlog
- Preparation of annual budget and quarterly forecast for orders, sales, margins, commercial spend and capital spend
- Partner with software operations and customer success teams to ensure sustainable, efficient processes and reporting are developed and maintained for key performance metrics, including:
- Annual recurring revenue
- Subscription conversion
- Perpetual maintenance attachment
- Software subscription, SaaS and maintenance contract renewals
- Other KPIs as needed
- Work across business units to coordinate the completion of the IS Proforma and ensure financial integrity of the results. Prepare and present quarterly reporting to Senior Management.
- Provide financial business decision support to the Software business directors including, but not limited to:
- Provide guidance in achieving goals in key areas such as: conversion from perpetual to subscription and SaaS, software maintenance attachment and software renewals
- Prepare financial projections for BSR and other strategic conversations
- Assist in driving transparency in engineering project tracking and leveraging available business systems
- Assist businesses in evaluating margins on special pricing requests
- Provide reporting on performance against third party software partner agreements
- Provide guidance in driving process improvements in software operations
- Provide direction and insight to the business on software revenue recognition practices
- Bachelor's degree
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in a software environment
- Minimum of 8 years of financial planning and analysis experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance and/or Business Administration
- MBA is desired but not required
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong business acumen with an ability to think strategically
- Ability to work in a matrix environment across multiple functions, businesses, and regions
- A self-starter with an ability to manage multiple assignments and projects with varying deadlines with the minimum of supervision
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office software, SAP and other Finance systems to manipulate data and summarize results for presentation to various levels of management, including company senior leadership
No. of Positions:
Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK), is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rockwell Automation employs approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated to our customers in more than 100 countries. To learn more about how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across industrial enterprises, visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).