Lead EMC Design Engineer - SPG
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Jun 15, 2020
Role Number: 200175845
In this role, you will work with the Special Projects Group hardware organization to define system level/module level EMC specifications, compliance and regulatory requirements for a new complex technology development platform. You will be also be leading the efforts on modules/systems design to meet EMC requirements. You will be working with world-class team in doing what Apple does best: Innovate! Does working on autonomous technology excite you? Innovation is in your hands! We are ready to help you help us grow.
- Deep understanding of automotive EMC specifications and familiar with worldwide standards and OEM specifications.
- Hands on experience on design/debug EMC problems.
- Hands on experience on power converters and familiarity with different converter topologies.
- Track record for designing filters/chokes to mitigate noise while achieving good measurement/simulation correlation.
- Skilled at EM tools such as full wave and static/quasi-static tools such as HFSS, CST, Q3D/Q2D.
- Skilled at data analysis tools such as MATLAB, Python.
- Excellent understanding of EMC/EMI test requirements/methodologies and specifications. (compliance/regulatory)
- Deep understanding on fundamentals of electromagnetics. Knowledge of EMC design best practices desired.
- Experience with spice simulators, general equivalent circuit models.
- Extensive knowledge on EM measurement equipment, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzer, network analyzer, sig gen, antennas, coupling clamps, field probes, ESD equipment etc.
- Hands on experience in debugging EMI issues and identifying solutions.
- Strong communication and personal skills.
You will work with cross-functional team on complex system and solve EM problems and identify cost effective solutions that does not sacrifice performance and meet specifications. - Responsible for EMC design of modules and systems. - Help define EMC workflow in all stages for product cycle: architecture, module design, system design, validation and compliance. - Define system level to module level requirements using quantitative approaches. - Familiarity with large-scale EM simulations. Skill required with EM solvers such as FEKO, CST, Ansys (HFSS,Q2D/Q3D) - Onboard receiver proximity analysis, limits justification. Off-board receiver limits justification. - Grounding strategy and analysis. - Lead EMC troubleshoot efforts. - System spice simulations and parasitic extractions. - Lead and develop Module/ System EMC/EMI measurements and validation.
Education & Experience
Required MS degree in electrical engineering plus 8 years of relevant industry experience (PhD preferred)
- EEO STATEMENT:
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.