Senior Quality Engineer, Ad Platforms
Austin , Texas , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Jun 15, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200175787
At Apple, we work every day to create products that enrich people's lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to access easily informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Our technology and services power advertising in Search Ads in App Store and Apple News. Our platforms are highly-performant, deployed at scale, and setting new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy. Our Quality Engineering Organization brings engineering talent to the forefront and works closely with development to continuously deliver code to our customers that is reliable, scalable, and functional. We are looking for quality leaders who will help us continue our mission of providing a high-quality experience for our customers. Are you a techie with a passion for improving product quality? If so, we'd like to talk to you! As a senior member of the Finance and Billing quality engineering team, you will be responsible for building automation frameworks, and be responsible for the delivery of robust, reliable, and stable automation capable of finding issues early to enable continuous product delivery. You will work closely with Product Managers and Developers to ensure high quality products. To be successful, you must be a strong programmer, proficient at thoroughly testing applications and services, and helping improve team velocity through automation. We are looking for highly motivated, self-driven individuals, who can continually research and apply the latest technologies to test engineering, independently troubleshoot issues and influence the teams to adopt the best test practices.
- 7+ years of functional testing expertise in micro services, restful web services and distributed computing domains.
- Solid foundation in computer science, with proficiencies in data structures, algorithms and design patterns.
- Hands-on experience with testing in the public cloud - AWS preferred.
- Experience building test automation frameworks and business use-case testing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, problem solving, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Ability to build relationships, collaborate with and influence cross-functional teams within your area of responsibility.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills; a passionate commitment to enabling teams to deliver Apple quality software quickly and efficiently.
- Advanced SQL scripting skills and relational databases.
- Expertise with Continuous Integration/Delivery Systems.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Understanding of performance testing concepts and tools (JMeter, Gatling, etc), FMEA/RAS testing is a plus.
- Responsible for the quality of Finance and Billing platform. - Define and improve the test automation code, process, tools and strategy used for functional, performance, scale and continuous delivery testing. - Working efficiently with cross functional teams, understand product requirements, design test strategy, develop feature test plans/suites, execute and automate the tests as applicable. - Develop the product expertise needed to help debug production issues and integrate with monitoring infrastructures. - Follow Agile development methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban. - Estimate project testing scope and effort in order to deliver projects on schedule. - Collaborate with other leaders on quality best practices including end-to-end integration, compatibility, performance/scale testing and process improvements. - Lead and mentor Quality Engineers. - Be the "Voice of Quality" for the Finance and Billing Platform.
Education & Experience
BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent