- Be a thought leader with respect to virtualization, cloud, automation, and modern endpoint management.
- Responsible for leading the architecture, design, engineering and operating of global Windows Virtual Desktop deployments including all supporting infrastructure such as Active Directory, Azure Storage, User profile management, application deployment and configuration etc.
- Responsible for the migration of legacy on-premise virtualized infrastructure, services, and applications from Citrix XenDesktop/XenApps, VMware Horizon, and Hyper-V.
- Create and maintain Windows Virtual Desktop deployments and MSIX App Attach packages.
- Stay current and relevant through research and industry connections to provide a progressive approach within the Virtualization and End User Computing space.
- Contribute to solution strategy and roadmap.
- Work closely with service delivery and operations to ensure quality, standards and goals are met.
- Set standards and SLAs for Managed Service Providers and serve as a final escalation point for issues.
- Work interactively with business customers and resolving complex VDI related issues as L3 Support.
- Lead resolution of technical outages by engaging multiple teams and vendors, provides on-call service as assigned.
- Write documentation and procedures to be followed by the L1/L2 Support.
- In collaboration with IT Security, recommends and evaluates new IT security policies and controls. Ability to identify security risks within the environment and suggest mitigations.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in MIS, Computer Science, IT Engineering.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills - ability to communicate in both business and technical terminology based on the situation and the audience.
- Partners well with others; proven ability to foster collaboration among team members and across teams.
- 5-7 years of experience in a Technical Engineering role.
- Natural technical aptitude with continual personal advancement in learning and applying newest cloud technologies, updates and methodologies.
- Ability to lead and influence without direct authority.
- Exceptional analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- An eye for spotting details and keeping projects on track and progressing.
- Ability to drive global, large-scale VDI design and implementation, specifically around Windows Virtual Desktop deployments including desktops (Windows 7 and 10, Windows Server) and applications.
- Experience migrating, creating and maintaining virtualized application packages (MSIX App Attach and Microsoft App-V virtualization for Win32 applications).
- Experience with other virtualization platforms such as VMware Horizon and Hyper-V
- Experience with WVD supporting infrastructure, including Active Directory, Azure Cloud Storage, User profile management, application deployment and configuration etc.
- Experience with remote desktop client deployment, administration, and user instruction across multiple desktop and mobile operating systems: Windows, Mac, Apple iOS, Android, Linux
- Familiarity with processes and procedures of DevOps, Agile and ITIL driven environments.
- Knowledge and understanding of foundational networking principles including DNS, IP routing, Azure ExpressRoute.
- Experience with PowerShell or various scripting languages to automate and implement solutions at an advanced level.
- Experience deploying, managing, and configuring virtual and physical workstation environments using Windows 7 and 10 with Microsoft SCCM.
- Experience writing and updating technical documentation and training.
- Experience working for a global organization and interacting with international IT teams and business stakeholders.
- Experience with Microsoft EMS (Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security) - including Microsoft Unified Endpoint Management (formerly Intune), threat protection, identity & access management, device management, information protection, advanced compliance, and analytics.
- Experience managing and implementing Identity Management Services: Microsoft Azure Services, direction and evolution as related to enterprise desktop, mobile and infrastructure services. Key areas include Azure Active Directory, ADFS, modern authentication, and conditional access architectures, and RBAC role assignments.
- Experience with Microsoft 365 (M365 / Office 365) - basic understanding of M365 platform and collaboration/productivity applications: Teams, Exchange, SharePoint, OneDrive, Power Platform.
- Experience with vendor management.
Software and Engineering
No. of Positions:
Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK), is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rockwell Automation employs approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated to our customers in more than 100 countries. To learn more about how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across industrial enterprises, visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).