Apple Media Products Engineering- Program Manager, Analytics
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Jun 18, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200175917
- Program management in analytics, big data engineering, or software development, including big data infrastructure, and/or data architecture
- Technical proficiency with either past programming, software engineering, big data, infrastructure, analytics, and/or data governance and integrity
- Proficient with SQL. Familiarity with Python, Spark, Hive, and/or Jupyter Notebooks preferred
- Familiarity with metrics instrumentation to collect data points for critical metrics preferred
- Experience with establishing and maintaining data pipelines and building analytics products and tools required.
- Understanding of both waterfall and Agile project management methodologies
- Successful track record in cross team and cross organization collaboration
- Strong facilitation skills to drive a complex, cross-functional, and comprehensive project plan
- Outstanding verbal and written communication, including presentation skills to all levels of an organization ( is a must )
- Are you a self-starting, self-motivated, focused, and self-sufficient with aptitude for learning?
Drive and ship large, multi-functional Business data analytics and data services projects including infrastructure and platform features to support analytics and reporting for Apple
Lead all aspects of multiple concurrent projects and features including scope, requirements, timelines, resource allocation tracking, stakeholder management, communications, and risk assessments
Define business, functional, and reporting requirements (often writing them yourself)
Take a role in improving how features are built and executed on the data analytics, data services and infrastructure team
Understand and work on projects with multi-functional schedules, across Analytics Engineering, other Apple groups (e.g. client teams, data science teams, business teams), and the backend reporting systems and business intelligence visualization and analysis tools
Collaborate with Engineering, Analytics, QA, Legal, Privacy, Finance, Anti-Fraud, Marketing, and other organizations both inside and outside of Apple to manage analytics tools and pipelines to support new Apple Media Product features and reporting
Education & Experience
Information Systems, Computer Science or Engineering majors preferred. MBA is a plus.