Senior Product Manager - Commerce Platform - Apple Media Products
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Jun 18, 2020
Role Number: 200067230
Imagine what you can do here! At Apple, we have a way of shaping new ideas into outstanding products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. We bring passion and dedication to our job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Join the Apple Media Products (AMP) Commerce Product team and help take our commerce platform to new heights. Your excellent analytical, technical and interpersonal skills along with your proven eye for business, will chart to your success with the AMP team. You will play a pivotal role in researching, defining and crafting features to optimize the commerce platform that supports the App Store as well as Apple Music and iCloud. You will focus on optimizing commerce flows through internal analysis and external benchmarking. This role requires one to work closely with global and cross-functional teams such as Engineering, IS&T, Business, Product Marketing, Legal, Tax and Finance. This role involves strategic planning, feature analysis, requirements gathering, technical specification development and feature performance evaluation. Your focus will be to provide SAP solution expertise - enhancing existing functionality, or adding new functionality, and work with various IS&T team to realize the solution. These projects can range from small scale focussed and tactical to transformational. You will be expected to have knowledge and experience across a broad range of SAP modules and technologies. You will also be playing a key role in SAP migration to S4. You will be an integrated part of one of the most innovative companies in the world as we grow and expand, working on strategic commerce features. If you thrive in environments of uncertainty and are able to pivot with constantly evolving requirements and new technologies, you'll love it here!
- 12+ years of related experience with consistent growth and increase in responsibilities.
- SAP knowledge as a strategic functional leader through industry or consulting.
- Experience across a range of SAP modules and solutions (in particular HANA), with the ability to bring technical and business expertise to critically review solution design decisions and choices
- Experience in strategic planning for e-commerce platform.
- Ability to stay focused and prioritize a heavy workload while achieving extraordinary quality
- Advanced quantitative and analytical abilities, strong Excel and Keynote skills
- Demonstrated outstanding written and oral communication skills with the ability to interact with internal customers and external partners in a professional manner
- Capable of working independently and as part of a team
- Experience in drafting business and engineering specifications
- Experience working with senior management and executive teams
- Passionate about user experience
As a senior product manager at Apple Media Products (AMP) Commerce platform team - You will provide strategic oversight for SAP Hana upgrade for AMP commerce platform - You will drive initiatives for building scalable platforms that brings business efficiency - You will work with cross functional team spanning across engineering, legal, finance and various business teams to perform business due diligence for defining strategic vision for complex business initiatives. - You will gather functional business requirements and author detailed technical specifications for engineering teams - You will prioritize tasks with rapid development cycles, remain flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty, and drive partners to deliver excellent results for time-critical issues - Stay current on emerging commerce companies and solutions ensuring that AMP can offer a best-in-class platform - Are you deeply accountable for your work? Your passion for product ownership and track record of product development will prove critical to your success on our team
Education & Experience
Bachelor's or Master's in Business, Computer Science or Engineering