Location: 4120-S.CntySntry SantaFeRd Ops
Job TitleCustomer Service Representative
Requisition Primary LocationSan Luis Obispo, California
San Luis Garbage, a Waste Connections company is looking for a high energyÂ Customer Service RepresentativeÂ to join the team at our location inÂ San Luis Obispo, CA. Being bi-lingual (English/Spanish) would be a hugeÂ plus! This is a Monday - Friday position working 8AM - 4:30PM.
Starting pay will be $15.94/hour.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work in conjunction with other departments to resolve customer disputes & demonstrate the ability to become proficient in the use of proprietary operational systems.
- Interviews customers and records interview information into computer for customer service, talks with customers by phone and in person, to receive orders for installation, turn on, discontinuance, or change in service.
- Fills out contract forms, determines charges for service requested, collects deposits, prepares change of address records and issues discontinuance orders.
- Demonstrate effective use of software applications, at a minimum MS Word and Excel proficient.
- Delivers services to customers in a manner that promotes goodwill. Interacts with customers and Waste Connections employees to determine service requirements and resolve problems or complaints.
- Work in a fast paced, cooperative, high call volume environment. Solicit sale of new or additional services.
- A typical schedule for this position is Monday-Friday, with an occasional Saturday as needed.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work environment is an office setting. Areas are clean, ventilated, and well lighted. Our Customer Service Reps normally have their own workstation or cubicle space and are equipped with a telephone, headset, and computer.
- CSR call areas can be noisy and work may be repetitious and stressful, with little time in between calls, while still providing excellent service. Some calls are evaluated to ensure high standards.
- Also, long periods spent sitting, typing, or looking at a computer screen are common.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English.
- 2 years of Customer Service experience in a high call volume atmosphere.
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, and EmailÂ preferred. Typing and 10-key skills are required.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Bi-lingual is a plus. (Spanish / English)
- Ability to analyze and solve problems. Gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Collections experience is a plus.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com. Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)