Johnson County Public Health seeks a full time Clerk II with exceptional customer service experience to serve the Clinical Services/WIC MCH Division. This position will provide clerical support for the department while interacting with a diverse population.
- Assists Public Health staff with office communications including greeting the public, responding to inquiries, answering and directing phone calls, and taking messages.
- Prepares outgoing mail and processes incoming mail.
- Provides clerical support services to all three divisions (Administration, Community Health and WIC/MCH) such as scheduling appointments and meeting rooms and taking minutes at meetings as directed.
- Prepares and maintains vouchers, monthly budget records, state quarterly and annual budget reports and monthly billings for grant programs.
- Performs data entry.
- Orders, receives, and tracks department and grant inventory of supplies.
- Assists in preparing program materials, flyers, social media content topics, and handouts.
- Prepares and maintains division records such as County Wellness and grant programs.
- Performs general clerical duties such as photocopying, filing, faxing, typing, and deliveries.
- Participates in training/educational opportunities, committees, and work-related meetings as required.
- Performs all work duties and activities in accordance with County policies, procedures, collective bargaining agreement, and safety practices.
- Attends work regularly at the designated place and time.
Minimum requirements: High school graduate (or equivalent) and six months of clerical experience OR any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge and abilities. Experience in a public health setting and/or bilingual French, Arabic, Spanish preferred.
Starting salary is $19.08/hour plus outstanding benefits.
To apply and learn more about this position visit our website by clicking apply now. Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM Monday, July 6. Resume and cover letter required.