Car Experience Systems Engineering - Development and Tools Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Jun 19, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200176657
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new insights have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Multifaceted, hardworking people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple's customers every single day. At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming great products, services and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. As a Development and Tools Engineer, you will be part of the Car Experience Systems Engineering team that defines and supports the development and adoption of how iPhone and vehicles communicate, enabling the user experiences used and loved by our customers every day the world over. You will support the development and testing of new and existing automotive iOS features by crafting reference designs, designing test and simulation tools, and communicating with automotive partners to support their integration efforts.
- 5 years or more software development experience on iOS and/or macOS platforms using C/C++/Objective-C, with frameworks, application development, and user interface experience preferred.
- Understanding of embedded system architectures.
- Experience understanding design requirements to create system test and validation tools.
- Experience with developing software released to production environment.
- Experience with object-oriented programming and design.
- Experience with/understanding of wireless and networking technologies; video/graphics, audio processing, cryptography, and/or GNSS experience is preferred.
- Experience developing interfaces used for automated tests.
- Experience with Unix/Linux.
Apple's Car Experience engineering group is looking for hardworking engineers to build high quality automotive system simulation tools. This role requires strong software engineering skills and a proven appreciation of how great user experiences require deep technical thought and consideration. You will need excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to work in a diverse group. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, with an ability to multitask, prioritize and follow through.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or Systems Engineering