The Finance BI Data Lead for the Finance Business Intelligence team is responsible for delivering financial and management reporting for the Finance organization and its partners. The Finance BI Data Lead is proficient in data modelling, Azure Analysis Services, and Power BI. The role will be a key liaison between the Finance organization, IT and finance business partners in helping Rockwell Automation migrate to centralized reporting using a Microsoft Power BI technology platform.
- Understand and document analytics requirements from the Finance organization, creates technical documentation, and delivers data models/views according to those requirements
- Designs, develops and tests new Finance Business Intelligence applications using Azure Analysis Services and Power BI, including incremental enhancements and support of the existing platform
- Collaborates with the Finance organization, Information Technology and the Data Analytics & Insights teams to deliver business intelligence and analytics outputs that meet users reporting needs and to resolve system issues
- Builds complex functions and custom calculations using DAX formula language
- Responsible for a report lifecycle framework
- Understands required system security to ensure data is shared appropriately, in compliance with Rockwell's Safeguarding Sensitive Information policy
- Collaborates with business systems analysts and product owners from other functions to define requirements for usage of Finance Business Intelligence data sets
- Proactively monitors industry trends and identifies opportunities to implement new technologies
- Bachelor's degree
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, information technology and/or business administration
- Experience in creating data visualizations using Power BI and workflows via PowerApps
- SKEE (Skills, Knowledge, Education, Experience)
- Experience with AAS, SSAS, SSMS, Dataflow, SSIS, Datafactory, SharePoint
- Experience with DAX, M! (Power Query), SQL, Tabular models, or other domain-specific programming languages
- Working knowledge of SAP, HFM, HP and Microsoft productivity tools preferred
- Experience with Agile development, SCRUM/SAFE methodologies, and system/process documentation
- Ability to translate technical issues into terms understandable and actionable for different audiences
- Adept at leveraging systems to drive efficiencies and develop creative solutions for reporting needs
- IPC (Information Processing Capability)
- Strong analytical skills; ability to distill information from disparate data sources and the capability to tell the "story" behind it, as well as recommendations for next steps
- Ability to manage competing demands, accept criticism and constructive feedback, while being extremely adaptable and flexible
- Ability to work on issues of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of relevant factors
- Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
No. of Positions:
Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK), is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rockwell Automation employs approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated to our customers in more than 100 countries. To learn more about how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across industrial enterprises, visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).