Use your best in class housekeeping/custodial management skills to make a real impact on patient healing.
Sodexo is seeking two Environmental Services Managers in Chapel Hill, NC with one covering day shift and the other supporting second shift. This is a fast paced 900+ teaching hospital on the campus of University of North Carolina supporting a team of 30. The ideal candidate will support this progressive organization by providing leadership for our Environmental team in the delivery of safe, sanitary and innovative services to our patients, customers and hospital employees in a variety of settings. The ideal candidate will have superior leadership skills, adept with all Microsoft programs and be high energy.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have experience leading and managing a team and is a leader who develops and motivates a team to exceed the expectations of clients and customers in service and the technical execution of a health care housekeeping system;
- have experience driving customer service and/or guest satisfaction results in a health care environment is preferred;
- possess strong leadership skills and can work independently to drive program compliance and reach project target dates of completion;
- can analyze data, present and effectively communicate to all levels within the organization related to training, leading hospital committees and change management;
- have experience effectively managing projects within agreed upon timelines;
- are results and safety driven;
• has experience driving customer service satisfaction results and patient engagement
• safety driven and strong focus on employee engagement
• has experience with outside vendors and _experience with the Join Commission, Environment of Care (EOC), OSHA and Life Safety requirements;
protection, safety systems, civil, low voltage, demolition, architectural and energy management;_• has strong financial acumen and budget management experience; both Sodexo and Client
• provides a clean and safe environment for patients, visitors and staff
• strong Environmental Service and Linen skills in a healthcare environment
• experience with all regulations governing hospitals
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities. If you excel at unit profitability, account savings, client satisfaction, safety and quality, we want to hear from you!
Provides management oversight for Environmental Services non-exempt level staff (client and/or Sodexo employees) in the delivery of Sodexo Environmental Service Programs. Ensures Sodexo Operating Standards for Environmental Service are in place as required to consistently meet all company, client, and regulatory requirements. Responsible for non-exempt work force planning through effective scheduling, development of daily work flow assignments, training and development, and monitoring for compliance to the plan.
-Establishes a safe work environment for clients, customers and staff by ensuring equipment safety and compliance with Sodexo safety and loss prevention programs and by providing safety-related training and equipment inventory maintenance.
-Provide leadership and direction to non-exempt employees
-Coordinate/conduct employee training
-Administer Human Resource processes (hiring, performance reviews, constructive counseling, prepare work schedules, payroll, etc.)
-Interact with outside vendors
-Ensure Sodexo Operating Standards for Environmental Service are in place and consistently met.
-Develop/implement action plans for improvement in compliance with Sodexo Operating Standards as identified.
-Reviews and maintains assigned areas of the Sodexo/Client budget commitments