This position is responsible for providing quality instruction to students enrolled in the Continuing Education, CNC Machine Operator course. The purpose of the instruction is to equip students with the necessary occupation-specific and employability skills for success in the workplace. This position is also responsible for maintaining required documents: class rosters, course syllabus, student grade book, student progress notes, etc. Additionally, all adjuncts are required to complete Con Ed Moodle training in order to: build and/or maintain a Moodle site for hybrid or online courses and to access the Instructor Resource Site.
Prepare & teach departmental courses to include:
Maintain current course syllabi
Employ teaching strategies & instructional materials for different learning styles.
Stay current in teaching discipline.
Incorporate student textbook websites as learning tools.
Model employability skills and demonstrate professionalism.
Provide daily & ongoing oversight of facilities and equipment to include:
Maintain classroom, computer lab spaces, and appropriate usage of laptop carts.
Maintain the upkeep and care of equipment as assigned.
Ability to effectively implement and apply technology solutions.
Provide daily & ongoing oversight for class paperwork:
Turn in completed monthly class rosters to the Occupational Training Office in a timely manner for payroll.
Immediately turn in any Student DisAbility Access Services forms (received from students) to the Occupational Training Office.
Maintain student grade reports and progress reports.
Provide an environment conducive to student success to include:
Address student concerns.
Assisting students to develop strategies for success.
Refer students to campus and community resources, as appropriate.
Support program endeavors to include:
Attend Occupational Training Instructor training meetings (scheduled by Coordinator & Lead Instructor).
Complete required eLearning ConEd Moodle Training online.
Schedule and complete textbook websites instructor training webinars.
Employ appropriate classroom management strategies.
Demonstrate and model the Colleges employability skills: adaptability, communication, information processing, problem solving, responsibility and teamwork.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform all duties as assigned by supervisor.
Associate Degree in machining or a related field from a regionally accredited institution.
National Institute for Metalworking Skills (NIMS) credentials: (Measurement, Materials, & Safety) and (Job Planning, Benchwork & Layout).
Bachelors degree from a regionally accredited institution
Four or more NIMS credentials
3 years of relevant industry experience as a machinist
2 years of experience with setup & operation of CNC mills and lathes
1 year experience with CNC programming on mills and lathes
1 year experience with MasterCAM or equivalent CAM software
Experience with conventional engine lathes, knee mills, and surface grinders
Teaching and/or industry training experience
Greater than 3 years of relevant industry experience as a machinist
Experience with conversational mills/lathes
Experience with multi-axis on both lathes and mills
Experience with distance learning and/or alternate instructional delivery systems
The Instructor shall possess an understanding of and commitment to the nature and role of the Community College, particularly its open door policy. He/she shall have demonstrated personal and professional competence for the responsibilities assigned. The Instructor must be able to:
Department/Job Specific Requirements
2. Demonstrate PC (personal computer) literacy
3. Respect Diversity
4. Adapt to changing procedures, protocols or assignments.
5. Create and maintain a learner centered environment
6. Communicate effectively
1. Must be flexible in the delivery of the Instructional format (e.g. face-to-face, hybrid, online).
2. Must be able to teach on the Jamestown Campus.
3. May involve some evening hours (depending on class schedules).
Mandatory GTCC Trainings (upon initial hire) and annual updates as required; other required trainings may be added as needed):
1. Reporting Requirements
2. Discrimination & Anti-Harassment (within 30 days of hire; annual refresher thereafter)
3. Shooter on Campus (within 30 days of hire; annual refresher thereafter)
4. Personal Information Protection (within 30 days of hire; annual refresher thereafter)
5. Ethics and Social Responsibility (within 30 days of hire; annual refresher thereafter)
6. Linking Student Learning Outcomes (within 30 days of hire)
7. Moodle Certification (if teaching online or hybrid within 30 days of hire)
1. Typical settings specific to discipline classroom or computer lab space
2. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time for instruction.