The following position is available with the Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education.
Family and Consumer Sciences
Provide statewide leadership for the administration of Family and Consumer Sciences Education programs throughout the state. Provide leadership in identifying and solving problems.
Requires a bachelor's degree - preference Family and Consumer Sciences. Master's degree preferred. Three years supervision, coordination or teaching required. Minimum requirements also include leadership experience, familiarity with school law. Related teaching certificate preferred. Knowledge of the Career Tech system helpful.
Position based in Stillwater, OK. Some travel in-state and out of state, and valid driver's license required.
1. Plan, develop, implement and provide continuous improvement for high-quality Family and Consumer Sciences Education programs. Meet the needs of business and industry. Provide quality customer service to all clients.
2. Provide technical assistance and support to instructors. Plan and coordinate professional development opportunities for instructors and staff.
3. Coordinate educational experience supervision, with both specific requests and regional staff assignments, to assure program quality and continual improvement.
4. Prepare and monitor the Family and Consumer Sciences budget, and Career Tech Student Organization budget.
5. Perform strategic planning and utilize innovative thinking to improve program quality and operations.
6. Provide improved and updated curriculum and teaching methods; build partnerships with business and industry.
7. Represent the agency on state and national committees and professional organizations. .
8. Provides coordination and leadership to Family and Consumer Sciences Education Career Tech Student Organization.
9. Develop strategic plans to guide continuous improvement for the educational experiences and expand opportunities available to students.
Salary/Benefits: $61,375 - $69,861 commensurate with education or experience. Health, dental, life and disability insurance; flexible benefits plan; teacher's retirement; vacation/sick leave; paid holidays; employee assistance program; and flex-time options. Total salary and benefits package valued at $74,288 - $83,413.