The End User Team Lead is responsible for the development and implementation of sales strategies and plans to achieve and exceed annual goals and objectives. This individual is accountable for the leadership of a sales team and managing the day to day sales of the assigned territory, including accountability for executing commercial programs while working closely with extended resources.
- Leads a team of Account Managers, establishes and maintains relationships at assigned accounts and ensures effective and efficient utilization of resources.
- Hires, retains, and develops personnel in the assigned territory.
- Supports employee development by investing time and resources for both formal and informal training and executes development plans/opportunities for the team.
- Executes a Disciplined Sales Process with assigned accounts, account managers and distributors to ensure sufficient opportunities exist to achieve or exceed annual sales goals. Develops strategies and plans to create new opportunities through local and national marketing programs, target accounts and other activities that create demand.
- Owns the account strategy within the assigned accounts and communicates to the Industry teams on an account by account basis when appropriate.
- Establishes, executive level relationships within the customer base, and understands customer process and business model.
- Maintains accurate assessment of target and opportunity funnel within the Dynamics Customer Relationship Management system.
- Analyzes local market information and provides ongoing local market intelligence, monthly sales activity reports, forecasting and ad-hoc feedback.
- Provides application knowledge and industry expertise and manages sales activities according to Rockwell Automation's Insight Selling process.
- Qualifies customer opportunities and qualifies and coordinates the solution design.
- Brings the right resources to the table to impact the customer's decision process and presents solutions to the customer (value proposition).
- Obtains management approvals for bid investment, bid approval, contract terms and conditions (T&Cs) and pricing.
- Teams with corporate Contracts and Negotiations group to come to terms with customers.
- Negotiates contract T&Cs, pricing, discounts and allowances.
- Engages the Rockwell Automation account team and the senior Management team, when required, to plan for and win opportunities.
- Organizes and manages a technical engagement team for identified opportunities and integrates competitive data and strategy into proposals.
- Obtains agreements and prices to support the proposal effort.
- Supports customer/internal program reviews and also the development of territory level Market Focus Plan.
- Sets and helps manage internal/external partner expectations.
- Ensures through familiarity with company policies and procedures. Appropriately applies policies and procedures in compliance with government laws. Policies and procedures include, but not limited to: Standards of Business Conduct, Intellectual Property, Control Environment, Information Protection, ISO 9000 & 14000, government regulations (e.g. health, safety, quality and environmental).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to travel locally greater than 50% of time.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering discipline. Additional business related degree/experience preferred.
- Prior experience in technical sales, industrial distribution, systems integration or an engineering firm, or graduate of the Rockwell Automation Sales Training Program (1-2 years)
- Experience working with all levels of an industrial automation plant (customer) including VPs, plant engineers and OEM machine builders.
Global Sales & Marketing
Sales, Services, and Solutions
No. of Positions:
Champaign - Illinois, Indianapolis - Indiana, Louisville - Kentucky
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK), is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rockwell Automation employs approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated to our customers in more than 100 countries. To learn more about how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across industrial enterprises, visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).