This position is responsible for providing direct supervision to professional individual contributors and/or skilled support individual contributors performing break/fix functionality. They act as an advisor to the team and may become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems. The typical Team Lead manages approximately five to ten employees. Additionally, the Team Lead has responsibility of managing external suppliers and a variable demand staff augmentation environment where needed. Please note that the Lead will be assigned to oversee a team of Server or Network engineers dependent upon which area the Lead will be working.
- Responsible for providing effective and efficient utilization of resources to sustain the systems and services required to meet customer expectations and requirements.
- Ensures that all systems and services are in compliance with established policies and baselines.
- Responsible for providing feedback for career and performance management of all assigned personnel to include: performance assessment, competency assessment, training/development, and compensation actions.
- Ensures that staffing levels are maintained at optimal levels and that all personnel have the full set of skills and competencies to meet current work assignments and are developing competencies in preparation for future career positions.
- Responsible for managing and directing the activities of staff, providing guidance as appropriate.
- Lead problem resolution teams and drive out root cause corrective action to prevent causes of major outages.
- Lead a team of employees in the execution of their duties. This will include the adherence to defined processes and methods, review of results and evaluation.
- Monitor SLA performance of the team and team members and take actions to improve performance on a continual basis
- Apply appropriate metrics to measure and ensure value of efforts. Analyze issues and use sound judgment.
- Develop technical training materials.
- Contribute to team efforts by providing industry and technical experiences, and process expertise while working towards common goals.
- Respond with urgency to customer needs and solve complex customer problems.
- Contribute to organizational performance through timely completion of projects that produce business results.
- Ensure thorough familiarity with company policies. Appropriately apply policies in compliance with government laws. Policies include, but are not limited to: Standards of Business Conduct, Intellectual Property, Control Environment, Information Protection, ISO 9000 & 14000, government regulations (e.g. health, safety, quality and environmental) etc.
#LI-MW2 #lifeatrok #sponsored #jobs #nowhiring
- Bachelor degree.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 1 year of team leadership in some capacity required
- Must have 1 or more years of experience operating within the Infrastructure Support and Monitoring (ISM) Team of the Remote Support Services organization.
- Demonstrated experience with Remote Monitoring, Wintel Server, and/or Network Infrastructure Operations and related project implementation and management.
- Experience working in IT Operations including knowledge of common tools, methods and techniques.
- Solid PC skills and proficiency in office productivity software (Microsoft Office, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project, etc.)
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, presentation skills, and problem-solving skills and be able to interact well with peers, internal customers and vendors as necessary.
- Experience with equipment backup, storage, and disaster recovery environments in a regionally diverse environment.
- Experience and strength in facilitating decisions and diffusing negative emotions or difficult scenarios
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Must be self-motivated and able to lead teams in a fast paced environment
Control Products and Solutions
Sales, Services, and Solutions
No. of Positions:
Mayfield Village - Ohio
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK), is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rockwell Automation employs approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated to our customers in more than 100 countries. To learn more about how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across industrial enterprises, visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).