The "Business Unit" Lead is a technical resource for Rockwell Automation products within their area(s) of responsibility; Architecture & Software, Power, Industrial Controls, and/or Services & Solutions. They are capable of articulating capability and benefits of the portfolio when involved in product-centric pursuits. They are responsible for maximizing the Rockwell Automation sales within their assigned geography and business. They are responsible for commercial support for a specific range of products within a defined geography. The "Business Unit" Lead will assist in commercial marketing activities, interface with Product Business Units (and in EMEA, the Commercial Engineering team), advise on proposal and pricing strategies for pursuits, and interface between customers and the Global Product Businesses.
EOE, M/F/Disable, Vet
- Provide timely information to support effective management of the business to all levels.
- Ensure regional selling resources maintain the appropriate competencies across assigned products and services.
- Co-operate with the sales force in promoting the product offering for which they are responsible.
- Plan and execute commercial programs related to product responsibility.
- Define and articulate product differentiators and values versus competition.
- Analyze competitive product lines, have knowledge of competitor's strategy, further define competitive differentiators.
- Participate in trade shows, seminars and/or similar marketing activities, ensuring technical resources are able to support.
- Lead launch of new products to the sales force and channel.
- Actively seek out and participate in both formal and informal training opportunities to continuously develop technical skills.
- Ensure market access (System Integrators and Distributors) can articulate value and identify opportunities for new products and technologies within assigned product business.
- Provide product gap and development feedback to appropriate business unit.
- Collaborate and share insights with regional and global peers.
- Understand business models, organization and go to market strategy; leverage where appropriate.
- Knowledge of the industry strategies, familiarity with outcome-based selling.
- Understands the business drivers and KPI's of the customer.
- Keep sales and customer relationship management data up to date in tools (i.e. SFA), optimizing activities by using tools consistently.
- Bachelor's degree
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
This is a summary of the position's responsibilities and does not reflect the entire scope of work expectations.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering/technical related field or equivalent.
- Strong solution and application expertise, and related demonstrated sales experience.
- Fluency with native language and strong command of English (written & spoken).
- Ability to work with and gain confidence of senior level personnel (internal and external) in a highly collaborative, matrixed stakeholder organization.
- Ability to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Ability to align and influence critical stakeholders.
- Strong supporter of our customer centricity. Understands the importance of demonstrating concern for satisfying customers. Passionate about developing goals to improve our customer experience.
- Ability to set, be accountable for and achieve challenging targets.
- Ability to influence, empower, coach and motivate others.
- Ability to adapt communication style and messaging to different audiences.
Global Sales & Marketing
Sales, Services, and Solutions
No. of Positions:
Cincinnati - Ohio, Cleveland - Ohio, Columbus - Ohio
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK), is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rockwell Automation employs approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated to our customers in more than 100 countries. To learn more about how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across industrial enterprises, visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).
See job description