Do you enjoy a high energy, fast paced environment?
Sodexo is hiring a Laundries Operations Manager 1 for St. Luke's Health Central Laundry located in Boise, Idaho. St. Luke's Central Laundry processes 12 Million pounds of laundry for the system, including 150 clinics and up to 18 Hospitals. This position reports to a Sodexo General Manager on site.
The selected candidate will work primarily 1st shift, Tuesday through Saturday, and occasional additional hours as needed.
The Laundries Operations Manager 1 serves as the first point of contact for front-line employees and will lead a team of up to 30 employees.
The successful candidate will:
- Manage operations of the plant; overseeing and monitoring reports and performance;
Lead safety meetings, ensuring the team is properly trained at all times;
Manage staff schedules, equipment operation and coordinate repairs;
- Support a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- Have strong leadership skills with experience motivating a team to exceed expectations;
- Can work independently to drive program compliance and reach project target dates of completion;
- Can analyze data, present and effectively communicate to all levels within the organization related to training and change management;
- Are proficient with computers and other technology;
- Prior Laundry Operations experience is preferred.
Working for Sodexo:
Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
May serve as a number one position leading/running laundry/linen operation services inside a small account. Manages hourly employees. Reports to a General Manager level position. Position has day-to-day responsibility for all aspects of laundry operations.
- Directs and manages daily laundry service operations to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, training, licenses and resources to perform their jobs and meet goals and deadlines.
- Probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sdx resource when necessary. Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities and monitoring operating standards.
- Manages, trains, develops hourly employees. Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to employees.
- Establishes a safe work environment for employees by providing safety-related training and equipment maintenance and by ensuring compliance with Sodexo safety and loss prevention programs and with standards and procedures for the handling and storage of hazardous materials and/or waste.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. quality assurance, safety, operations, personnel). Manages the budget by controlling costs (e.g. labor, inventory, equipment, and materials), complying with budget requirements and making adjustments when necessary.