Are you a hands on leader with a positive, motivating presence?
Sodexo Seniors has an exciting opportunity for a General Manager 2 at ManorCare Roland Park, a 120 resident post-hospital skilled nursing community located in the heart of Baltimore, MD. Roland Park is the recipient of the Best Nursing Homes of 2018-2019 award for achieveing high performance in short-term care This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to build their career in Senior Living or someone who wants to bring their experienced to an established, caring atmosphere. The ideal candidate will have previous culinary and/or food production experience and a Certified Dietary Manager (CDM) certification.
The successful candidate will:
- manage the day to day food service operations with a heavy focus on budgeting, labor and raw materials;
- be responsible for the implementation of menus, food service purchasing, food preparation, and ensure food safety;
- deliver high quality food service;
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships;
- ensure Sodexo Standards are met.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- Certified Dietary Manager credentialing (CDM)
- a work history demonstrating strong financial acument, stellar leadership skills, as well as previous management experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- culinary production experience and a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance;
- has the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- can demonstrate working knowledge of Food Management Systems and is proficient in computer skills and report management experience.
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management and Catering positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry. "Certified Dietary Manager" OR "CDM"
This is a hands on, P&L position that needs strong financial acumen, customer service, and client relations.
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account
- Provides team leadership & training
- Controls unit financials
- Directs daily food operations for quality & safety standards
- Supervises day to day activities
- Delegates authority
- Assigns & prioritizes activities
- Monitors operating standards
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Support workplace inclusion activities