Do you have a passion for spending time with students and teaching culinary skills in the kitchen?
Sodexo is seeking a Executive Chef 2 for The University of Bridgeport located in Bridgeport, Connecticut. This Executive Chef will support our Resident Dining and Retail environment. This Chef will be responsible for front of the house culinary execution including recipe compliance, maintaining operating standards and expectations. As Executive Chef, you will oversee all culinary operations including the Dining Hall and Retail locations.
The successful candidate will:
- be responsible for purchasing, menu compliance, inventory, food cost analysis and food production forecasting;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance and food quality are implemented;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and motivate team members to embrace culinary innovations;
- ensure food safety, sanitation and workplace safety standard compliance; and/or
- have working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of culinary standards;
- strong coaching and employee development skills; and/or
- have a passion for food and innovation.
Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.