Job Posting #: #17FB06192020
The Accounting Specialist will provide financial information to management including internal financial reports, reconciliations and analytical schedules. Also will provide assistance to financial functions and processes, primary reporting systems, subsidiary systems and ledgers ensuring timely completion of monthly and year end closes.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare assets, liability, capital and revenue and expense journal entries by compiling and analyzing accounting formation.
- Document financial transactions by entering account information.
- Prepare various account reconciliations.
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls.
- Answer accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Prepare special financial reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information and trends.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Four (4) year degree in Accounting is preferred. One to three years post-college experience in a full service accounting department is preferred. Knowledge of general ledger software and personal computer expertise is preferred. Training and/or experience in utility accounting is desired.
Candidate must have a working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, computerized accounting systems, basic general office procedures and audit procedures. Must have ability to plan and organize own work schedule and perform under pressure to meet deadlines. Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Must communicate well both orally and in writing. Must be able to analyze, implement and reconcile complex accounting transactions. Must be able to interact effectively with all other Cooperative personnel and individuals outside the organization. Must possess basic computer skills, to include a working
knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including, but not limited to: Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint as required by job responsibilities. Must perform other duties as assigned.
Usual office conditions. Generally regular hours with some overtime required, specifically associated with annual audit and other special projects. Daily schedule of work will vary.
Occasional travel is required for educational purposes, which may include overnight trips.
HOW TO APPLY:
RESUMES MAY BE FAXED TO 540-891-5990
or E-MAILED TO firstname.lastname@example.org
BY 5:00 PM EST ON JULY 3, 2020.
INCLUDE JOB POSTING #17FB06192020 IN SUBJECT LINE.