Certified Pool Operator
10:00 PM – 6:30 AM
The Certified Pool Operator for Sun City Summerlin Community Association, Inc. is responsible
for the maintenance of the Association’s indoor/outdoor pools and spas to the highest attainable
conditions for residents, as well as compliance with all health department standards.
Description of Duties:
• Maintain, clean, repair and treat pools, spas, decks, filtration and pump systems, heaters,
boilers, tile, fountains and other equipment related to pool and spa operations.
• Supervise team of pool laborers to ensure the pool areas are kept in sanitary and safe
• Maintain and keep free of debris all tile lines, skimmers, bottoms of pools and spas.
• Implement proper treatment, usage and testing of chemicals and salt to ensure pools and
spas meet all Clark County Health department standards.
• Maintain and record all daily operation reports in accordance with Clark County Health
• Order pool chemicals and salt, stock in a safe and timely manner.
• Review and report to the Manager all malfunctions of equipment related to the pools and
• Install and repair PVC/copper piping associated with the pool equipment.
• Calibrate salt water systems.
• Report all known safety hazards and injuries.
• Additional duties relevant to this position and as assigned by the Maintenance Manager
and/or the Director of Building Maintenance.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Apply safe work practices, follow all safety and OSHA procedures
• Knowledge and use of related pool cleaning and maintenance equipment and parts
• Working knowledge of methods, tools and material used in commercial maintenance
• Operate related machinery and motorized equipment
• Good judgment and decision making
• Organization, prioritization and problem solving
• Supervisory skills
• Able to work without direct supervision
• Interpersonal skills for working with others
Machines and Equipment Used:
• Association Vehicle
• Small hand tools and related equipment
• Electrical gauges and testers
• Power/pressure washer
Minimum Qualifications / Requirements:
• Certified Pool Operator License (CPO)-Mandatory and current with 2+ years’ experience
• Valid Driver License to operate any company vehicle (and minimum state required auto
insurance on personal vehicle, if used for working purposes)
• High School Graduate/GED
• 1 year of Supervisory experience
• May require flexible schedule to work late, weekend and/or holiday shifts
• Able to follow oral and written instruction
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
• Physical demands: Walking, sitting, standing, bending, kneeling or squatting for prolonged
periods. Emersion in the water while doing repairs and maintenance. Pushing, pulling,
reaching and lifting up to 50 pounds. Sufficient strength and stamina to ensure a
productive work environment within a commercial pool/spa setting.
• Work Environment: Risks and discomforts typical of an indoor/outdoor pool/spa facility
including exposure to hot and cold temperatures, wet working conditions, moving parts on
equipment and machinery, dust hazardous chemicals and salt used in the maintenance of
pools. Exposure to noise moderate noise levels. Requires performing job functions in
compliance with all SCSCAI policies and applying all SCSCAI safety policies and
Deadline: Open Until Filled
Salary: Full time, Non-Exempt Hourly position. Compensation based on experience (and any
certifications) plus benefits package.
To Apply: Include Cover Letter stating interest and salary history, Resume and 3 Professional or
Educational References. Indicate the job you are applying for.
Include completed application for employment:
Email to: email@example.com
Fax to: (702) 360-0428
Mail or hand delivered in person (Monday - Friday, 8 am - 4:00 pm) to:
Sun City Summerlin, Attn: Human Resources,
9107 Del Webb Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV, 89134
SCSCAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer