Maintenance Technician-FT (Hourly-Non-Exempt)
Description of Duties:
• Maintain and repair interior and exterior lighting systems, heating and
ventilation, air condition, swamp coolers, equipment and controls.
• Repair water lines, plumbing, water valves, faucets, drinking fountains,
toilets, sinks, drains, tile, doors and hardware and other related
equipment and material.
• Carpentry, fabricating, painting shelves, doors, walls and floors.
• Repair and maintenance of electrical motors, bearings, seals and pumps,
belt driven fans and controls.
• Repair and maintenance of mechanical equipment.
• Concrete and parking lot repair and maintenance.
• Operate, program, repair and replace audiovisual equipment and special
• Assist in set up and tear down for special events.
• Receive and stock related maintenance repair / replacement parts.
• Transport supplied, stored documents, furniture and equipment as
• Pest control.
• Report all known safety hazards and injuries.
• Additional duties relevant to this position as assigned.
Machines and Equipment Used:
• Vehicle / Golf Cart
• Small hand tools and related equipment
• Fork lift and Scissor lift
• Drills, saws, sanders, grinders and other electrical tools
• Electrical gauges and testers
• Power pressure washer
Essential knowledge, skills and abilities required by the position:
• Apply safe work practices, follow all safety and OSHA procedures
• Knowledge and use of related safety devices and personal protective
• Working knowledge of methods, tools and material used in building
• Strong electric and welding skills
• Ability to read and interpret building drawings and schematics
• Ability to safely operate machinery, motorized equipment and vehicles
• Organization, prioritization and problem solving skills
• Good judgment and decision making skills
• Ability to work without direct supervision
• Ability to work within a flexible schedule i.e. late, weekend and/or
• Ability to follow written and oral instruction
• Five years related experience
• CPO, HVAC, Electrical, Welding-Any License/Certifications preferred!
• Valid driver license to operate company vehicles
• Flexible Shift Availability
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Physical demands: Walking, sitting, standing, bending, kneeling or squatting
for prolonged periods. Pushing, pulling, reaching and lifting up to 50 pounds
individually/ 100 pounds assisted. Must be able to safely climb up and down a
ladder repeatedly. Sufficient strength and stamina to ensure a productive work
environment in a building maintenance setting.
Work Environment: Risks and discomforts typical of an outdoor / indoor
facility environment including exposure to hot and cold temperatures, wet
working conditions, moving parts on machinery and equipment, dust, effluent
water, pesticides and other hazardous materials and chemicals used in the
maintenance of interior and exterior buildings. Exposure to moderate to high
noise levels. Requires performing job functions complying with all SCSCAI
policies and applying all safety policies and procedures.
Deadline: Open Until Filled
Salary: Full time, Non-Exempt Hourly position. Compensation based on
experience (and any certifications) plus benefits package.
To Apply: Include Cover Letter stating interest and salary history, Resume and
3 Professional or Educational References. Indicate the job you are applying for.
Include completed application for employment:
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax to: (702) 360-0428
Mail or hand delivered in person (Monday - Friday, 8 am - 4:30 pm) to:
Sun City Summerlin, Attn: Human Resources,
9107 Del Webb Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV, 89134
SCSCAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer