Join the Software Product Management Team that has responsibility for the evolution of Rockwell Automation Studio 5000 products and work closely with platform leaders, fellow product managers, and engineering resources across multiple locations to evolve the product and platform.
The role will work to ensure successful evolution of Rockwell Automation's Studio 5000 to a system approach for customers
- Define clear problem and market opportunity statements that lead to product features and capabilities with strong emphasis on delivering measurable customer usability, productivity benefits, and business value as per our company strategy.
- Gather and effectively document customer / market requirements from different user types and global regions.
- Effective prioritization of features that align with the best possible user and company value.
- Manage requirements through an agile development process, while controlling any changes and effects on the end product. When needed, recommend and negotiate appropriate trade-offs with engineering resources based on priority management.
- Strong emphasis on collaboration and teamwork with platform leaders, fellow product managers, and businesses to deliver the best and easiest-to-use integrated system solution possible.
- The delivered product must create market differentiation and greater attachment opportunities for the portfolio. Identify innovation opportunities for the product line.
- Act as a key representative of the business for the assigned product responsibility during development as the functional requirements are developed into a software feature, function or product that will be available to the market.
- Prepare competitive analysis and formulation of competitive counter strategies for assigned products and features.
- Provide strong leadership in the execution of projects that involve cross-functional and cross-business teams.
- Champion innovation in product line by creating both product differentiation, attachment opportunities and increasing our company intellectual property portfolio, while being a thought leader.
- Ability to convert voice-of-the-customer input and business needs into detailed product requirements and manage those through an agile development process.
- Strong customer relationship management skills and ability to collaborate effectively with various functional groups and peer business units.
- Good communications skills, efficient in Microsoft Office products, and an ability to work within a team environment to achieve position objectives.
- Recognized by management and peers as an advisor on issues beyond assigned product line(s) and current business practices. This would include, but not limited to, a strong understanding of Rockwell Automation technologies and their application.
- A good understanding of Rockwell Automation software development processes, policies and procedures relating to standards of business conduct. Trains and motivates others in the importance of full compliance with the letter and spirit of such, processes, policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in Technical field, or equivalent.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Experience with and knowledge of RSLogix5000 / Studio 5000 Logix Designer capabilities
- Minimum of 5 years related experience
- Formal training or demonstrated leadership influence.
- Ability to convert voice-of-the-customer input into detailed product requirements and manage those through the product development process.
- Awareness of Rockwell Automation's PlantPAx systems and components that make up those systems.
- Proven Industry experience in control system design, implementation, commissioning, and/or support with knowledge of current Rockwell Automation software products for Life Sciences, Food and Beverage, and Specialty Chemical.
- Automation application development experience with significant DCS background, specifically heavy process industries like chemicals, petro-chemicals, refining, and paper.
- Application experience with Studio 5000 Application Code Manager and FactoryTalk software products including View, Alarms and Events, Services, Linx, Batch, and AssetCentre
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology
Architecture and Software
No. of Positions:
Mayfield Heights - Ohio, Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK), is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Rockwell Automation employs approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated to our customers in more than 100 countries. To learn more about how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across industrial enterprises, visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).