Location: 5120-Houston Hauling MainOfc
Job TitleDistrict Manager
Requisition Primary LocationHumble, Texas
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) is Waste Connections, Inc. (TSX/NYSE: WCN) is an integrated solid waste services company that provides non-hazardous waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services in mostly exclusive and secondary markets in the U.S. and Canada. Through its R360 Environmental Solutions subsidiary, Waste Connections is also a leading provider of non-hazardous oilfield waste treatment, recovery and disposal services. Waste Connections was founded in September 1997 with principal administrative offices located in The Woodlands, Texas, 30 miles north of Houston.
Why you need to join us
â¢ CULTURE: Itâs a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed leaders know what they do is important.
â¢ INTEGRITY: Our definition is âsaying what you will do and then doing it.â We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
â¢ RESPECT: We show respect for our customers and fellow employees. Respect for ourselves grows through hard work and the great service we provide to the communities we are privileged to serve.
As a District Manager, you will be signing up for a company that is committed to our employeeâs long-term career development and success. If you are open to relocation and willing to learn new tasks and challenges, Waste Connections wants you to be part of our Operations team.
A Day in the Life of a District Manager:
- Oversees personnel needs of district, including selecting, coaching, disciplining and training employees and evaluating employee performance. Responsible for termination, compensation and promotion decisions.
- Partners with local city, municipal and county agencies to ensure our businesses are providing top notch customer service and identifies ways to improve services. Works with municipalities to renew contracts and negotiate new contracts.
- Executes necessary precautions to ensure safety and compliance with Company, DOT, OSHA and other standards and regulations.
- Responsible for developing and implementing processes and procedures for personnel to operate in a safe, efficient and cost effective manner.
- Creates and monitors budget and operating metrics while diagnosing and improving profit, processes and return on investment.
- Develops short-term and long-term goals and action plans in conjunction with your Division Vice President.
- Establishes and maintains performance targets, objectives and standards for each service activity at the district.
- Has full P&L and capital responsibility for the district.Â Participates in regular P&L reviews to ensure budgets are met; develops and implements programs for optimal equipment utilization, equipment maintenance, and labor and material costs.
- Responsible for compliance to applicable environmental laws and regulations.
- Has overall responsibility for facility maintenance, Customer Service, Sales, and Operations.
- Defines and implements market strategy.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Ability to travel regularly to meet with customers and other company managers
- 5+ years of managing in a dynamic, people driven environment
- Bachelorâs degree strongly preferred
- Ability to relocate for promotional opportunities
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle multiple priorities
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Excel and related business systems
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, and 401K retirement.
We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)