You know that a company’s most precious asset is its people. Helping others find purpose in their work is your best work!
Sodexo is seeking a seasoned Human Resources Manager for Providence Public Schools l_ocated in historic Providence, Rhode Island!
Providence Public Schools is in the capital city of Rhode Island. We have a diverse group of students and employees. Since we cater to the population we service, we strive to reflect the culture of our community.
The successful candidate will:
- act as a customer service representative, addressing employee's inquiries and issues;
- research complex benefits payroll deductions;
- research and process overpayment of benefits refunds to term employees;
- process, distribute and track incoming mail;
- review, research and correct the Daily Client Edit Report to assure all employee information transferring to (TPA) is accurate;
- manage all HR Representative, Employee and Management inquiries sent to the Benefits Operations Email on a timely manner;
- make recommendations for plan modifications and/or vendor selection or retention based on vendor customer service record, participant’s complaints, etc.;
- assist with Annual Enrollment for all Health and Welfare plans;
- assist with testing for Annual Enrollment and other plan implementations as necessary; and/or
- complete other duties as assign by management.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- Bi-Lingual- Spanish
- have worked in a union environment as an HR Manager
- have strong time management and organizational skills;
- work well independently and as part of a team;
- understand and respect sensitive and confidential information;
- have excellent computer skills with proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office programs;
- communicate in a clear, effective and respectful manner whether via phone, email or in person
- exhibit business maturity and professionalism; and/or
- have ability to manage competing priorities and meet time demands.
Handles human resource functions, up to complex issues and administration for single or multi-unit/account(s). May include payroll, benefits, training, employee relations, recruiting, safety, etc. Position focuses on hourly workforce and may or may not include union accounts.
- Respond to inquiries regarding HR plans, programs & policies. Education managers and employees on policies and procedures. Assist in developing and implementing new policies and procedures. Knowledge of and oversees all Federal, State and Local laws regarding human resources.
- Investigate and resolve employee issues and recommend resolutions, based on policy, as appropriate. Involve those necessary based on incidents; HR People Center, legal, etc. If applicable, management of union employees; understanding of all contract rules/policies and management of arbitration. Involvement of contract negotiations.
- Provide direction to managers and employees on implementation of HR plans, programs, policies, and training. Act as the primary consultant on various HR initiatives.
- Serve as the HR consultant and work with operations to positively impact business.
- Perform due diligence for new business initiatives to determine the appropriate HR plans, programs, process, and tools (including compensation, benefits, leadership, staffing, diversity & inclusion) based on financial and legal exposure.