Grow your career in a culinary management position with Sodexo!
Sodexo is seeking a Chef Manager for Medstar for the Franklin Square Medical Center located in Baltimore, Maryland. This a 390 bed facility with caring for patients in the community with emergency needs, cancer treatment, family medicine, and women's center. The Chef Manager will report to the General Manager and manage a staff of 20 employees and MedStar cooks and utility workers. _Typical shift will be 6:00am - 4:00pm with rotating weekends and holidays. The Chef Manager will help oversee the back of the house food production process for patient meal services, retail food service and catering. This is a hands-on culinary position.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- manage food production, planning and controls;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality;
- have high expectations for customer service;
- drive patient satisfaction and employee engagement
- have the ability to develop and train up to 50 frontline employees;
- have a passion for food and innovation;
- have knowledge of special diets and allergens; and
- knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) is preferred.
The ideal candidate has:
- a strong kitchen management background;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies;
- previous experience working in a high volume kitchen; and
- strong culinary skills.
Working for Sodexo in Healthcare allows you to offer patients, healthcare professionals and caregivers around the world the best healthcare experience possible while influencing patient satisfaction, as well as cost reduction and increased productivity for our clients. Sodexo’s unique CARES culture develops a dynamic atmosphere where employees are respected, turnover is low and career growth opportunities are created from within.
Learn more about
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.