Healthcare isn’t just changing. It’s growing more complex every day. ICD - 10 Coding replaces ICD - 9. Affordable Care adds new challenges and financial constraints. Where does it all lead? Hospitals and Healthcare organizations continue to adapt, and we are vital part of their evolution. And that’s what fueled these exciting new opportunities.
Who are we? Optum360. We’re a dynamic new partnership formed by Dignity Health and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we’ll leverage our compassion, our talent, our resources and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of Revenue Management services to Healthcare Providers, nationwide.
If you’re looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.SM
We are seeking an energetic candidate for our Per Diem / On Call Patient Access Registration at The University of Arizona Cancer Center @ Dignity Health St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center. The perfect candidate will facilitate the patient admission flow, including patient identification, accurate demographics, insurance authorization, notification and verification of insurance e- benefits in order to obtain accurate and prompt reimbursement. Additional duties include providing information and answering questions about payment assistance collecting co-payments, patient liabilities, compliance with HIPAA, and entering all necessary information into the hospital computer system.
As a Per Diem / On Call Patient Access Registration, we are often the first point of contact for our patients and their families. As such we value representing an important first impression. Our professionalism, expertise and dedication help ensure that our patients receive the quality of care they need. We are diligent in obtaining complete and accurate insurance and demographic information in a timely manner, this enable us to provide high quality, compassionate health care service to all who need them, regardless of their ability to pay.
- Communicate directly with patients and / or families either in person or on the phone to complete the registration process by collecting patient demographics, health information, and verifying insurance eligibility / benefits
- Managing patient medical records for a clinic. Roles may vary based on the size of the clinic(s)
- Responds to patient and caregivers' inquiries always in a compassionate and respectful manner
- Obtaining Benefits and Insurance verification
- Point of Service Cash Collection, Co-Pays, Deductibles and Coinsurance
- Accurate Computer Data Entry
- Scanning of documents
- Organizes and schedules patient services and appointments for referrals
- Registering and Pre-Registering Patients for Emergency, Elective and Scheduled Cases
- Working with various systems including the Patient Registration and Electronic Medical Record
- Availability for partial and full days shifts up to 900 calendar working hours
- Positions in this function are responsible for checking in, scheduling appointments, answering billing questions and
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) OR 10+ years of equivalent working experience
- 1+ year of experience in a Hospital Patient Registration Department, Physician office or any medical setting
- 1+ years of Customer Service related experience
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to work day shifts, Monday through Friday, within the operating hours of the site (7:00 am - 5:00 pm)
- 1+ years of experience within Admissions and / or Patient Registration
- Previous experience working with Microsoft Office products including Microsoft Word (create, edit, save), Microsoft Excel (create, edit, save), and Microsoft Outlook (send and receive emails
- Bilingual fluency with English and Spanish
- Knowledge of ICD - 9 (10) and CPT terminology
- Working knowledge of facility pricing structure and cost estimates
- Previous experience in collecting patient copays, deductibles, etc
- Experience submitting authorization requests and / or processing referrals
- Insurance Benefits experience and / or knowledge
- Cerner / Invision software experience
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative. Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Radiation Therapy, Infusion Therapy, Patient Registration, Admitting, Front Office, insurance, hospital, patient billing, physician office, pre - registration, registrar, customer service, office