Champion City Transit Management, Brockton Area Transit is accepting applications from qualified candidates for the position of Mechanic for the second shift. Diesel and Ford experience, as well as a CDL Class B License is a plus.
We offer a competitive wage along with part-time benefits and the opportunity for advancement. We strive to provide a pleasant working environment & the opportunity to grow within the company. Our Employees safety and well-being are our number one priority.
As the Mechanic, your primary duties include performing diagnostic tests on diesel vehicles to find faults, analyzing diagnostic test results, and repairing or replacing engine, steering, transmission, braking or lighting system components.
Diesel Mechanics need to be highly organized and communicate effectively, as they will be expected to maintain detailed records of serviced vehicles and interact with customers on a daily basis.
• Running and analyses diagnostic tests on vehicles
• Replacing vehicle engines, steering mechanisms, transmissions and braking systems
• Checking vehicle lighting systems
• Test driving vehicles to gauge performance
• Performing preventative maintenance on service buses
• Adhering to an inspection procedure checklist and keep good records
• Ensuring the cleanliness of the shop
• Degree or Diploma in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering
• ASE Diesel Certification advantageous
• Valid driver's license
• Advanced knowledge of diesel engine components – a plus
• Good IT and diagnostic skills
• Physically fit and able to lift up to 150 pounds
• Proficiency with maintenance and repair tools
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Good organization skills
Drug and Alcohol Testing and CORI Check Required
Champion City Transit is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law and conform to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.