Trees Forever, a team-based environmental non-profit organization, is seeking an individual to work as Communications and Marketing Manager in Marion, Iowa.
The Communications and Marketing Manager is a key member of the Trees Forever Marketing and Development Team, and will work closely with the executive team, program staff, board and volunteers.
Planning and Management
- Serve as a member of the Trees Forever Marketing and Development Team, helping to lead annual goal and priority setting.
- Direct and provide oversight for Trees Forever production schedules, publications such as Annual Report, e-blasts, newsletters, email and direct mail appeals, etc. with internal teams, designer, printer, and mail house.
- Plan for and implement quality control of external communications, while maintaining consistent and timely outcomes.
- Manage the process and system for photo storage and use.
- Assist with creating and managing budgets for Communications and Marketing.
Publications, Website and Social Media
- Serve as managing editor and content manager for the quarterly Leaflet, working closely with the Leaflet team.
- Create and implement online marketing strategies, including directing the website, social media and email marketing.
- Work with Website Coordinator to develop content and graphic design.
Branding and Oversight
- Responsible for implementing Trees Forever key messages and brand management (maintain written and graphic standards that adhere to brand pillars).
- Help lead any major strategy or changes to brand standards with staff and board.
- Ensure quality and consistency of external communications, including use of Trees Forever and partner logos.
Media Relations and Promotions
- Develop and maintain relationships with media and direct the creation and distribution of media releases.
- Explore opportunities to pitch Trees Forever mission and events to radio, TV and other platforms.
- Support Communications and Marketing for events such as Annual Meeting and Celebration, fundraising and recognition events, educational events.
- Direct the production of displays, banners, signs and merchandise.
Funding Raising and Donor/Partner Support
- Work directly with Director of Development and CEO to integrate donor centered communications and fundraising messaging.
- Communicate internally and externally a culture of philanthropy.
- Assist and support production of fundraising materials.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelors degree or comparable experience in
- Marketing writing
- Other related fied
- Must possess a commitment to
- working for a non-profit organization and greater cause;
- engaging others in environmental stewardship;
- working on a team—willing to take the lead as well as support others.
- Must possess the following skills:
- Friendliness, team work with staff members, designers, etc.
- Technological skills including Microsoft Office Suite and other contact management and graphic design software;
- Strong communication and organizational skills. Proficiency in writing and composition required as part of duties listed above;
- Interpersonal skills necessary to build effective relationships with staff members, board members, partners, volunteers, donors, members;Strong leadership traits, such as ability to give/receive constructive feedback, critical thinking skills, and confidence in taking initiative.
- Position based out of main office in Marion, Iowa, with Linn County residence preferable or within 50 miles of Cedar Rapids/Marion.
- Must maintain reliable transportation and willingness to travel, including occasional overnight trips and some evening and weekend meetings.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary Range: $40,000 to $45,000
- Retirement plan match to 4% of salary (immediate eligibility)
- Access to medical and dental coverage-individual and family plans
- Life, AD&D Coverage
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Leave:
- 18 days accumulation for first year, up to 30 days by year five
- Flexible Work Environment
E-mail letter of interest, resume and references by 7/12/2020 by clicking apply now!
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE