Software Engineer, Emerging Technologies
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Jun 24, 2020
Role Number: 200177395
Imagine a dynamic and exciting environment where teams of people are dedicated to pioneering innovative technologies that accelerate solutions for one of the most valuable companies in the world. Apple's Emerging Technology Solutions team is focused on building cutting edge solutions and platforms at Internet scale. You will build full stack solutions that deal with big data, machine learning, and emerging technologies. The systems being implemented are high-demand operating at hyper-scale and handling extraordinarily large volumes of critical data - some of the largest in the world.
- Strong programming expertise in Java, Scala, Spark and scripting languages
- Experience in engineering highly scalable, reliable and distributed systems.
- Experience in application and implementation of Machine Learning solutions.
- Experience in configuring, performance monitoring & tuning of middleware
- Knowledge of different queue and transport mechanisms
- Knowledge of data persistence and replication
- Knowledge of securing infrastructure with TLS, data encryption etc.
- Knowledge of Data Security, SSL, Certificates, etc.
- JVM Tuning
- Unix Performance Monitoring & Tuning
We are looking for strong programmers with expertise in building tools, technology and multi tenanted platforms that provide solutions to some of the largest and highly scaled applications in the world. You are an excellent engineer with good understanding of various distributed system concepts and you'll work with partners, Project managers, and cross-discipline teams. Passionate about writing good quality code and comfortable to go through the scrutiny of detailed audits. You're passionate about exploring new emerging technologies for novel solutions and are motivated to tackle problems with exceptional development and analytical skills. This is a core engineering role that requires you to be hands-on in coding, building and tuning highly scalable, distributed services that handle large volumes of data. You will join a hands-on development team that fosters creativity and generates novel solutions to deliver engineering excellence. Responsibility:
The primary responsibility will be system design, writing code and delivering solutions
Solutioning, Architecture & scaling
Performance tuning and debugging.
Exploring new solutions, approaches and technologies
Brainstorming new ideas and platforms
Dedicated and self-motivated
Good people skills.
Have good oral/written communication skills.
You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
Education & Experience
Masters or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering