Site Services Manager- Prineville, OR
Prineville , Oregon , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Jun 24, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200176589
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you wish to be challenged to think creatively? The Data Center Operations Team is looking for a strong leader for a Site Services Manager position in our Prineville, OR data center. Candidate will provide focused, expert-level functional knowledge and in support of data center operations. This role is responsible for providing direct support for the datacenter service's uptime as well as supervision to a team of Data Center Technicians. This is a fast-moving, dynamic environment where flexibility and resourcefulness are key attributes needed for success. Excellent project and time-management skills, with an ability to prioritize and drive critical tasks and objectives in support of organizational goals is valued.
- 5 + years of management experience in a fast-paced data center or equivalent environment.
- Strategic thinker who understands the complexities of how the different functions within a datacenter intersect.
- Ability to inspire, coach, train, and develop personnel to consistently provide extraordinary customer service and aim for results.
- Ability to forge collaborative relationships with cross-functional teams and vendors.
- Strong and effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to tailor your message to your audience.
- Experience presenting technical information detailing specific projects or schedules.
- Able to adapt and flex schedules to align with business needs
- Experience directing a team of both managers and individual contributors alike
- IT management experience, candidate should have had installation, delivery or operations management of an IT environment for 5 years.
- Experience in working with servers, storage hardware or network hardware for at least 5 years.
This role is for a data center site services manager who is responsible for a team executing on the installation, service, repair, support maintenance and decommissioning of network, storage and compute assets in our Prineville, OR datacenter. The site services manager works closely with various planning teams on installation forecasts, builds of IT cabinets and both manages and reports on on space and power consumption. An understanding of datacenter power and cooling principles is used to maximize efficiency of the datacenter. Additionally the site services manager will interact directly with the local data center facility manager to ensure the uptime of the environment. The candidate will have an opportunity work cross functionally with internal business groups to provide best in class service as well as work with internal support groups such as the NOC and SRE teams on process improvements as well as partnerships for monitoring and issue resolutions. Keeping Apple's services online while continuing to install capacity are key responsibilities for this role.
Education & Experience
Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience encouraged
- Additional areas of responsibility include providing reporting on key performance indicators (KPIIs), defining team goals for efficiency, managing assets and leading a team of data center technicians.