ImOn Communications is the LOCAL choice for cable TV, high-speed Internet and phone service. We value the relationships we have with colleagues, customers, and members of our community and look forward to serving Eastern Iowa for many years to come. As we expand our service availability we are looking for a Network Maintenance Technician to be a part of the ImOn Difference!employees share a passion for building a culture of “Creating Connections One Person at a Time” and fostering a fun and rewarding work environment.
The Network Maintenance Technician will perform tasks necessary for service order and repair activity associated with network facilities (copper, coax, and fiber). Focuses on the overall operations of the network, including network performance, installation, and/or maintenance. Conducts routine network operations activities, including translations and other duties involved with the preparation needed prior to installation or the tracking and analysis of network elements.
Essential Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Splicing of 25/22 MS2 Pads
- Splicing of 19 gage
- Coax Splicing
- Splicing 860 and 715 coax cables
- Complete Ariel and Underground locations
- Pole Transfers completed to IUB (IA Utility Board) specifications
- Splicing Fiber optic cable (loose tube, Ribbon, Multi-mode) fiber together, customer and company termination panels.
- Do the prep work for Loose Tube, Mid-Sheath, and Splitting Ribbon Buffer Tube. Fiber optic cable.
- Ability to Operate Optical Time Domain Reflector meters to test fiber, analyze trace, store and save trace, use of visual fault light and power meter loss and readings.
- Maps for HFC and Phone, and FTTH
- Fiber Splice documentation
- Turn up hard-line splicing, phone, fiber, pole transfers, and network projects
- Take part in a rotation of on-call level 2 duties.
- Troubleshooting and support of the HFC Plant, VOIP, Litespan, FTTH plant, Calix
- Ensure rapid response to service issues in order to minimize downtime and get ImOn customers active as quickly as possible.
- Ensure rapid response to service issues in order to minimize downtime and get ImOn customers active as quickly as possible
- Perform all work as necessary to conform to quality control guidelines (includes compliance with requirements outlined in applicable regulations such as: OSHA, FCC, and NEC, etc and following
- Procedures as outlined in the Installation, Technical, Operations, and Safety Manuals, and Employee Handbook).
- Display leadership by providing an example to fellow co-workers though knowledge and work ethic and encouraging the flow of communication in and out of the field
- Responsible for verifying, and tracking preventative maintenance and needed repairs within the HUBs
- 5+ years experience in one or combination of equipment installation, cable splicing, line work, installation and repair.
- Experience with single mode, multi-mode and splicing both loose tube and ribbon fiber strongly desired.
- Must accommodate on-call after-hours work as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Iowa CDL Class DII Drivers License for bucket trucks and a driving record that allows employee to be insured by ImOn’s insurance carrier.
- Must accommodate various working conditions such as: Poorly ventilated areas such as attics during extreme heat, dust, dirt, noise, insects, cleaning solutions
In addition to competitive pay, you will be provided a company truck, laptop and cell phone. ImOn also offers health & dental insurance, 401(k), discounted Cable, Internet & Phone services, and additional perks such as FREE vision and life insurance as well as FREE short term/long term disability, vacation & holiday pay, and community volunteer opportunities. If you are interested in being a part of the ImOn Difference, apply today!